Facilitates the packaging portion of division wide projects and utilizes department resources as directed by a Packaging Engineer or the Manager of Packaging Engineering to support the project. This is a position that runs from May 2019-December 2019. Springs Window Fashions also offers a competitive hourly wage and summer housing stipend to all of our interns!
* Create models and prototypes under the direction of Product and Project Management groups. Coordination with both internal and external sources is required. Coordination with external vendors may be required for certain types of models and prototypes. Internal development requires the use of machine tools and lab equipment along with coordination with other internal departments.
* Lead the development of part drawings, modifying part drawings, and creating assembly drawings on assigned projects.
* Investigate and resolve complaints, damage, ergonomic concerns and other day-to-day issues under the direction of the Packaging Engineering Manager.
* Organize, maintain, and retrieve drawings in a file system used by the entire Springs Window Fashions organization. Drawings must be maintained in a secure fashion using procedures in the Engineering department. Lead the Packaging Engineering Department effort for Product Data Management system.
* Document and process Specification Revisions and Product Change Requests under the direction of the Packaging Engineer. This includes documentation and coordination with the Engineering Services group. The development of the SR/ECN may require cost and annual savings calculations.
* Determine and facilitate appropriate package testing. Package testing requires the use of lab equipment, documentation and final summary of the results.
* Responsible for technical writing of Packaging Assembly instructions, Packaging Specifications and other technical documentation incorporating written text, drawings, CAD and digital photographs. Responsible for the accuracy of the information and must confirm the validity with Packaging Engineering Manager, Product Engineers, Product Managers, Manufacturing and Distributor/Fabricator customers.
* Set up and perform Manufacturing Process measurements with Industrial Engineering staff and Manufacturing as needed for time estimates.
* Create reports and submit them to the Packaging Engineer or the Manager of Packaging Engineering. This requires technical writing skills to document testing, procedures, project status reports and experiments.
* Review Bill Of Material's for WIP variances. Ability to calculate quantities used in Bill Of Material and to verify correct usage in the Manufacturing Process.
Use your natural ability to train people, share your knowledge, and love of interior decorating in this role!
The primary responsibilities of this position are to successfully integrate national retailing programs into the territory, to promote and train on the sale of Graber, Bali, Signature Series, and Springs branded products, to achieve maximum market penetration and build brand reputation, and to attain short- and long-range objectives for retail sales growth.
Outside Sales and Service
The FSR will spend approximately 70% of their time in stores training and selling the retail store associates on the brands we sell. This includes:
- Training on product features, selling points, selling methods and techniques
- Advising how to properly merchandise Springs products
- Teaching correct ordering procedures
- Preparing for and training store/franchise reps on upcoming promotions
- Solving customer complaints and delighting customers with your solutions
- Foster Bex for store associates and their peers
Work with Springs National Account Managers to plan and coordinate training events, new store openings, sales promotions, assortment changes, display changes, etc. He or she will conduct product knowledge and selling classes of up to 50 people in many of these types of events.
Responsible for the integrity of displays. He/she will regularly install new displays and update existing displays with new products or new hardware as required, clean/tidy displays as necessary and update pricing and sample books.
The FSR will spend some time planning for new store openings, in close coordination with his/her Regional Manager and appropriate personnel from the retail chain. He or she will help set up new stores, and will often attend grand openings or other special events planned for individual stores. These events often will occur on weekends.
The FSR keeps the Regional Sales Manager informed of his or her activities via standard communication processes. He or she will work closely with their respective Manager to determine the most effective store-call schedule. The FSR’s key objective is to schedule their day in order to maximize their customer relationships and to maximize sales.
Sales Reps may be asked to assist in training new Sales Representatives in other territories.
Responsible for creating, supporting, and developing new and innovative product/process designs and redesigning existing products/processes. This is successfully accomplished by understanding, accurately specifying, and adhering to customer requirements, utilizing and applying quality tools and methods and pursuing continuous improvement in all aspects of product and process design. These efforts will have a direct impact on reducing labor and material costs, while improving value, reliability, and performance. Product responsibilities include Graber, Bali and Nanik branded products and all support componentry. The associate will plan and manage product design engineering activities related to conceptualization, product design, and manufacturing process functions.
Concept Development (30%)
- Involved in identifying consumer and market needs, translating customer needs into product requirements using process (QFD) and product requirements into design specifications.
- Develops working prototypes of multiple concepts, which can be used for functional evaluation.
- Involved with consumer focus groups to gather market data.
- Involved in reducing concept to commercially viable product.
- Creates mechanical drawings and 3-D models using drafting software.
- Investigates concept patentability and infringement issues related to concepts to assess legal liability protect intellectual property.
Design Development (50%)
- Coordinates and prioritizes design and product engineering activities as established by NPD and product management and in accordance with Spring's business strategies and goals.
- Designs products and components with safety, durability, reliability, value, and assembly as priorities.
- Develops and plans short and long term goals in accordance with Spring's strategies and goals.
- Establish design specifications, material selection, and potential suppliers with regards to product design.
- Estimates project and product costs, assists with project justification, and recommends required materials and tooling.
- Facilitates design reviews to discuss concepts and proposed product designs, engaging other functional areas of the business, to gain input regarding product manufacturability and incorporating those inputs into final design.
- Prepares and issues required reports, summaries, and presentations related to engineering activities.
- Maintains and controls engineering files, records, and documentation for part and process specifications, drawings, and patents.
- Interface with purchasing and suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues.
- Collaborate with New Product Development and Marketing teams to introduce and develop new product concepts and existing product enhancements.
- Support efforts to maintain and follow the New Product Development (stage gate) process.
- Reviews related patents and assesses potential patent risks
- Engaged in continuous improvement initiatives, recognizing process improvement methods to identify root cause, develop solutions, and implement solutions.
- Maintain and organize lab area following 5S principles.
- Represent the company in industrial organizations.
This position will assist in fulfilling the objectives and deliverables identified as part of the content / social media component Integrated Marketing's overall digital marketing strategy. Focus on idea and content generation for social media strategy and assist in executing and tracking results. Additionally, this will support social media and SEO initiatives and it is expected that the person would be aware of high level best practices in these areas relative to digital content, including video.
The Product Management Intern position is intended to assist the product management team with project support while providing the student with valuable work experience related to their field of study. Springs Window Fashions also offers a competitive hourly wage and summer housing stipend to all of our interns!
The student should be following a path to obtain his/her degree in Marketing, Business or a related field from an accredited college.
In this role, the student will gain experience gathering and analyzing competitive data, preparing sales and marketing tools, gaining insight to pricing analyzation, and general marketing and business experience. This role will provide cross-product line support to the Retail Product Management team.
Typical Job Duties:
*Assist in the development of Product Management war room
*Update and maintain SKU rationalization data
*Conduct and report out on competitive benchmarking
*Develop product assortment presentation boards
*Assist in developing and maintaining process documentation
*Gather and format pricing data
*Assist with general administrative duties within the Product Management department
*Maintain project list and provide routine updates on activities
Join our IT team this summer and gain work experience while you assist us with developing mobile applications!
This position will be using Xamarin platform to create enterprise mobile applications
This position may also assist in testing and quality assessments of mobile applications developed by a third party vendor
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
This position will assist in fulfilling the objectives and deliverables of the Integrated Marketing's print design team.
The graphic design intern will offload routine work from our design team and will assist in updating brochures, sell sheets, retail packaging, price lists and technical manuals, as well as preparing artwork for print production.
This is a summer internship and will end in August 2019. Springs Window Fashions also offers a competitive hourly wage and summer housing stipend to all of our interns!
- Design/content updates to existing printed literature
- Clean-up of design files
- Collection of design assets and organizing them
- Preflighting and prepping files for commercial printing
- Making sure all design items meet print production standards
* The Product Manager II will manage all product marketing activities for a product line of SWF – CBU Division with overall goals to grow sales, market share and profitability while aligning with brand and channel positioning and the CBU Division strategic plan.
* He/she will gather new product ideas and evaluate their revenue / profit potential and strategic fit.
* The PM II will coordinate the development of new products with marketing, purchasing, finance, engineering, manufacturing, and IT.
* He/she will work closely with sales to assure a smooth and successful introduction to the marketplace.
1. Strategic and business planning
* Development and implementation of long-range product roadmaps and competitive strategies for assigned product lines
* Provide appropriate input to the SWF CBU strategic plan.
* Preparation and implementation of annual marketing plans, budgets and sales forecast.
2. Financial accountability
* Overall accountability for sales volume and profitability of assigned product line(s).
- Set price levels, taking into account the conditions in the marketplace, costs / inflation (suppliers, operations) and brand positioning, as well as the financial needs of the division.
- Leadership role and prioritization of efforts to identify ongoing cost reductions, service enhancements and quality improvements
- Manage overall SKU pool, perform SKU rationalization on a regular basis. Align and leverage SKUs with other business units where possible – aligning with brand and product positioning
- In conjunction with sales, develop and recommend creative and appropriate sales tactics and promotions for assigned product lines.
- Leverage CRM and sales reports to look for gaps. Work with sales leadership to develop strategies and tools to close gaps and grow share of wallet
- Work with sales managers, customer service, demand planning, and production & inventory control to develop accurate sales forecasts for assigned products.
* Expenses: Prepare and administer sales and expense budgets for assigned product line.
3. Deliver Best Experience Quality and Service to our customers and channel
* Monitor key service metrics (OPD%) and adjust lead times to ensure we are providing accurate lead times to our customers.
- Benchmark competition for lead time claims and actual performance
- Develop plans to maintain competitive lead times in our channel
* Monitor quality and remakes data and work with and through the QST to identify root cause(s) to eliminate top quality issues
* Work with P&IC and Purchasing to manage inventory levels, while maintaining high levels of service.
- Identify causes of material holds and work with P&IC and Purchasing to resolve
* Work with and train customer service on our products. Use call data to pinpoint hot topics and determine ways to train and/or provide additional information to resolve
* Ensure accuracy and accessibility of product information – websites, portals, brochures, spec sheets, technical documents
4. Improve new product vitality % (new product sales / total sales)
* Working closely with channel marketing and sales managers, establish marketing plans for new product introductions
* Team lead and project manage new product, and product enhancement projects to ensure adherence to the NPS schedule.
- Identify end user and trade needs and benchmark against competition through primary and secondary market research, trade publications, market studies / reports
- Further segment needs into key vertical markets (Education, Healthcare, Office) and sub-segments (K-12 schools, Hospitals, Class A office)
- Identify specific product opportunities that align with unmet needs and define requirements for Engineering.
- Participate in establishing market plans for new product rollouts.
- Work with Purchasing and Engineering department, source selected items from vendors. Work closely with vendors on new and/or existing product designs.
- Make decisions on SKU mix, design and functionality of assigned product line(s).
- Coordinate various functions involved in product introductions/refreshes, ie. Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, IT, Distribution, Finance and Engineering Services.
5. Marketing Responsibilities
* Achieve market penetration for assigned product line(s):
- Develop and implement aggressive marketing programs to achieve growth in sales
- Insure that product quality/integrity is maintained.
- Supervise product improvements, assuring that SWF products provide superior value to the consumer.
* Insure that proper support is given to the product through necessary selling tools, merchandising programs, and sales force training.
* Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of the markets in which SWF CBU products compete, and the channel participants / influencers in those markets.
* Identify and anticipate trends in commercial interior design, building construction, automation / technology which will affect the assigned product lines.
* In concert with appropriate sales managers, prepare and make presentations to high level national accounts and/or major dealers
- Represent SWF CBU at trade shows and industry events
- Maintain close working relationships with top CBU accounts.
6. Product line maintenance responsibilities
* Develop and execute SKU maintenance and reduction plans.
* Provide guidance to production planning and inventory control areas, to assure appropriate inventory levels and service to customers.
* Act as a mentor to other more junior associates in Product Marketing.
* Continuously gather intelligence on the products performance, customer, dealer and end user attitudes, and new problems/opportunities
* Continuously gather competitive intelligence as to pricing, promotion, specifications, and product changes
7. Quality – - Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work. (Applies to all job duties 100%)
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
* Improves processes within sphere of control
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Scope of Responsibilities
* Chiefly responsible for managing all product marketing activities for multiple product lines of SWF CBU. Responsible for sales and profitability of assigned product line(s).
* Responsible for planning and administering an expense budget.
* This position has a major impact on the division’s profitability and long term viability, through the timely introduction of new products and programs which are attractive to the channel.
* Individuals in the position will often be called upon to make presentations to current or potential major customers.
* Individuals in this position will have considerable authority. Major decisions will be reviewed with the VP Engineering & Product Development
* Individuals in this position will often act as a team leader for cross-functional teams.
* Constant access to confidential financial, marketing and long-range plan information.
This position will be responsible for developing reports and forms to support the organization’s needs. This position will need to become an expert in understanding the company’s master and transactional data. The primary solutions used for reporting development will be SQL Reporting Services, Power BI, Excel, SQL Analysis Services, and other tools as appropriate. The company is current working to select a new forms package and it is expected this position will lead the implementation and become an expert in the solution(s) and develop all needed forms.
* Collaborate with business analysts to ensure appropriate approach and tools for supporting report and forms requests
* Standardize and consolidate development approaches to streamline delivery and support of solutions developed
* Ensures all reports and forms have a high level of professionalism including formatting, naming conventions, and performance
* Develops all needed reports as requested by business analysts
* Develops all needed forms as requested by business analysts
* Test all Development work to ensure accuracy of data and integrity of report/form
* Reviewing the number of reports and forms so that through consolidating and obsoleting as appropriate, the number of reports and forms are kept to a reasonable amount
* Working with business analysts to develop appropriate security models for securing reports
* Maintains and leverages source control and change management processes to ensure stability and integrity of changes
* Is accountable for all report and forms delivery for the organization
Change the Business:
- Work cross-functionally with other areas (i.e. purchasing, marketing, engineering, maintenance and PI&C) on process improvement, such as material qualifications, trials, vendor selections and equipment enhancements/purchases
- Implement cost savings and methods improvements whenever possible through analysis, engineering principles and research and development (R&D) testing on the extruders, injection molding machines, punch press, and other equipment. This is coordinated through the department, tool room and/or equipment and material vendors
- Encourage employee participation in problem resolutions through personal input (Quality @ The Source)
- Work with external suppliers to improve supply chain and control costs. Communicate quality expectations/concerns to vendors, strive to reduce waste
- Coordinate trials and R&D testing as it relates to plastics processing
- Develop and maintain process control testing for "optimal" equipment operation
Run the Business:
- Responsible for supervising sixty to one hundred associates with varying skill sets. These include operators, technical troubleshooters, departmental extrusion technicians and team leaders
- Leads areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with our Best Experience culture and Guiding Principles
- Facilitate, manage and lead inter-departmental teams
- Aligns and directs resources to ensure Key Results are achieved and that all associates understand how they contribute to the achievement of those results
- Establishes goals and objectives for areas of responsibility and provides leadership, coaching and accountability tools to ensure expectations are met and that associates continue to be challenged and developed
- Responsible for quality and quantity of production through departments
- Provides input to establish, maintain and meet departmental operating budgets
- Responsible for staffing, coaching and counseling and performance management
- Accountable for maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring safety activities, policies and regulations are implemented appropriately
- Responsible for accurate reporting of labor and payroll data with adherence to established schedules and procedures. Requires the coordination and calculations for the facility’s Actual/Earned hour report for all departments
- Responsible for lost in process (LIP) control within established ratios. Accountable for facilitating efforts aimed at continually improving production yields, reducing scrap and work in process (WIP) inventory
- Operate department(s) to maintain or exceed established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Voice of the Associate (VOA), safety, efficiency, productivity, quality and budget
- Be responsive to production work order completion to targeted ship dates with specific goals to required service levels
- Administer company rules and policies in an equitable, timely and consistent manner
- Integrates quality at the source (Q@S) thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work. (Applies to all job duties 100%)
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
- Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
- Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
- Improves processes within sphere of control
- Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
- Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Responsible for planning, budgeting and directing the sales functions of the division’s commercial window treatment business, and for the sales and profitability of the contract business unit of SWF.
* Drives performance of sales team to exceed budgeted sales goals for the year (field sales, inside sales, inside sales support)
* Critical role in delivering division profitability goals for the year
- Negotiates pricing to win key projects and business in a profitable manner
- Works with marketing to establish customer segmentation policies and pricing levels. Enforces customer compliance within their category.
- Controls sales expenses for department 577
* Analyzes monthly department sales and margins, and takes corrective action when required.
* Travels with each commercial sales manager on a regular basis (2 to 3 times annually) to meet with key subcontractors and deliver key projects
* Uses market knowledge as input to help establish customer segmentation and pricing levels
* Responsible for customer acquisition / set-up as well as customer list management. Works closely with Director of Designer sales on dual account customers to maximize revenue / share of customer / profitability
* Leverages CRM system to drive alignment and focus within the sales team and across functional areas
* Utilizes the dashboard data and analytics in ProQuote to improve sales efficiency / effectiveness.
* Works directly with Sales leadership of MechoSystems division to deliver on Total Commercial Revenue (TCR) sales goals
- Drives high share of account at all joint dealers
- Shares information on accounts and projects via CRM
* Reviews the performance of each field sales manager to ensure that they meet their individual goals as well as contribute to team goals
* Key input on the development and production of commercial marketing material, advertising and promotion.
* Manages account list to ensure accounts meet minimum criteria for direct sales.
* Provides feedback to manufacturing and marketing on commercial product quality and service.
* Supports key business development products (new distribution channels, acquisitions, partnerships,…) as directed by VP Commercial and/or CEO.
Customer Service (10%)
* Meets annually with the division’s top 25 accounts.
* Works closely with contract customer service department to ensure continued high level of service.
* Resolves exceptional customer complaints in a timely manner.
* Owner of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Demand sales forecast for the commercial division. Recommends 24 month rolling sales and expense forecasts for the commercial window treatment sales team.
* Recommends the yearly sales, expense, performance and personal development goals for the contract field sales managers. Uses bridges and/or other financial tools to justify proposals.
* Recommends and quantifies product development projects to product management and assists in their development
* Recommends and quantifies marketing projects and sales tools to channel marketing and assists in their development
* Analyzes competitive pricing and product, and implements programs to grow the market share of SWF while ensuring profitable growth
* Key input into the business unit five year strategic plan.
* Owner for the vision of commercial sales team, resource quantities / locations / mix
* Develops and directs programs to provide the architectural and subcontractor communities with information on SWF product lines, processes, policies
* Is a member of Commercial Division Leadership Team and responsible for implementation of company VOA, VOC and VOP goals and processes.
Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams.
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control.
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department.
* Improves processes within sphere of control.
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve.
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics.
The Sampling & Merchandising Manager will lead all efforts to deliver sampling and digital swatching to the organization on time while working to control costs and manage all projects within budget. The Sampling & Merchandising Manager will oversee all areas related to sample books and other merchandising collateral, digital swatching, and fulfillment. The Sampling & Merchanting Manager will own and enforce processes to facilitate efficient workflow and production, and also be responsible for communicating the progress of key projects to the organization.
1. Collaborate cross-functionally to define objectives and deliver best-in-industry sampling and merchandising materials
* Help Product Managers understand the sample book implications of their assortment.
* Hold cross-functional team members accountable for the accuracy of the sample book information provided.
* Hold cross-functional team members accountable for providing the information and materials needed for sample books on time.
* Facilitate defining the objectives and content of the sample book.
* Be accountable for the quantity of sample books and the specs that impact cost.
* Ensure team members understand the financial implications of their decisions.
2. Optimize sourcing: Quality, cost, service, support
* Ensure quotes are sent to vendors on time and prototypes are received on time.
* Ensure information to order sample book material is available, permission is obtained and sample book materials are ordered on time; assist with material calculation for sampling and swatching as necessary.
* Ensure material swatch master is provided to the sample book vendor on time.
3. Ensure brand consistency
* Ensure branded books have a consistent look and size.
* Work with the Creative Manager and Channel Marketing to ensure sampling and merchandising materials represent and position SWF brands appropriately.
4. Oversee benchmarking and market research activities
* Ensure benchmarking of competitor / peer sample books and swatching is completed in a timely manner: assess construction, quality, cost, functionality, features, etc.
* Ensure benchmarking of adjacent products / channels for new ideas to reduce investment, increase effectiveness, decrease lead time is done as needed.
* Work with Channel Managers to get feedback on effectiveness for continued product improvement.
* Coordinate with market research firms to validate design concepts
5. Own process and process improvement
* Effective management of all resources, inputs, outputs and timing for total project, total lifecycle of a sample book and/or merchandising program.
* Oversee the material collection and inspection to ensure the correct materials get to the sample book vendor on-time – create a process map to drive efficiency and effectiveness of this process.
* Create a more formal sampling change order process to ensure decisions to change are thought through, financial implications are considered, and changes are communicated to the team.
* Develop, implement and enforce a process to ensure any changes to the sample book assortment is agreed to and communicated appropriately; including to associates responsible for consumer / digital swatching.
* Develop, implement and enforce a process to communicate and execute digital swatching needs, including a process to have any new fabric swatches scanned for our websites and microsites on time.
6. Budget and schedule / project time lines
* Collaborate with Channel Managers on the development of the MCAST/Project Planning budget for sample books.
* Ensure sample books and consumer / digital swatching are developed on time and within budget.
* Oversee timing and completion creative briefs, sample book concept, sample book thumbnails and obtaining white book.
* Ensure artwork for sample books is completed on time, allowing time for copywriting, proofing and translations.
* Collaborate with Product and Channel Managers on individual project schedules; ensure alignment with program launch NPD schedule, including sampling, displays and electronic swatch scans.
* Find ways to pull time out of standard sample book schedule, decrease overall lead time.
7. Own cross-functional communication
* Communicate sample book and consumer / digital swatching schedules to cross-functional team members, as well as any other appropriate project details / changes.
* Responsible to communicate progress of key NPD sampling projects to the organization, including appropriate SLT members, i.e. critical sample book launches.
* Responsible for effective and timely communication with transportation to ensure merchandising produced overseas is tracked appropriately and arrives on schedule.
8. Lead and manage teams
* Manage team of Integrated Marketing sampling and fulfillment associates
* Lead cross-functional project teams: Channel, Product Management, Integrated Marketing, Purchasing, P&IC, etc. Define minimum expectations for each member of the sampling / digital swatching team, confirm these expectations with their manager.
* The purchasing agent and P&IC coordinators responsible for sample books and digital swatching would have dotted line responsibility to the Sampling & Merchandising Manager.
* Establish standards and metrics, measure performance, provide feedback.
* Communicate field input to internal associates and suppliers; collect input for product / process improvement.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams.
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control.
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department.
* Improves processes within sphere of control.
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve.
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics.
The primary roles of this position are twofold,
- Manage a small team of Field Sales Reps (8-10 FSRs) to support all the required Retail and Budget Blinds business activities to accomplish our sales and customer partnership objectives.
- Assist with regional Account Management responsibilities that includes account/merchant relationship support, program and promotion support to help maximize sales/profitability, and new business/program support as directed by the National Account teams.
This position will lead customer training, merchandising, and relationship initiatives for both Retail and BB franchises. This includes all in-store associates, franchises, and merchant/account teams.
Regional Sales Manager (60%)
- Manage performance of field retail and service sales/merchandising representatives, including goal and objectives setting, performance appraisals, and performance counseling.
- Conduct salary reviews (recommend actions to be taken) and handle performance issues. These activities will be performed in conjunction with Human Resources.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, interview and hire candidates for Field Sales and Sales Merchandising positions.
- Coordinate and provide training at the regional level, including new hire training, ongoing product knowledge training, and program/account-specific training.
- Coordinate and manage store setups and retrofits, including resource planning (internal and external), scheduling, execution and follow up.
- Working with the VP of Service Excellence, plan and prioritize human resources at the regional level, including all sales and merchandising activities.
- Establish and enhance customer relationships at the appropriate district/regional level as designated by the Retail Sales Manager and National Account Managers (NAM’s).
- Provide feedback to the Division with respect to Field developments and needs, including competitive issues, quality, training and sales/merchandising issues.
- Review and approve sales/merchandising activity reports and expense reports.
- Provide budget information and monitor expenditures vs. budget on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the VP of Service Excellence and National Account Managers to set territory sales objectives. Monitor performance vs. objectives on an individual rep and aggregate regional basis.
National Account Manager (40%)
1. Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of assigned accounts. This includes monitoring, measuring progress against he budget and achieving
budgeted profit objectives of the account.
2. Assess competitive price position, assuring we are competitively priced to maximize sales and profitability within account and account's
competitors and consistent with brand positioning.
3. Assist in managing account program costs (i.e. advertising, rebates, buyback and slotting allowance, etc.) to a minimum while maximizing
4. Responsible for minimizing returns and allowances of the account. These activities may include but are not limited to: training so orders are
received properly, eliminating pricing errors, and/or discrepancies in the accounts system, or SWF system.
5. Responsible for timelines of price increase implementation
6. Must have a complete and extensive knowledge of:
* Account's share by product type, product line and brand
* Assess share shifts by competitors, by product type within the account (and maintain database on this information).
* Current assortments in detail, pricing and competitive pricing
* Develop or use account's tools for evaluating productivity of the account's business, (i.e., SKU unit volume, profitability, sales per sq. ft.,
sales by linear foot, GMROI, inventory turns.)
* Competitive analysis, market analysis of trends, product, etc.
7. The account coordinators, not the product management group, should maintain plan-o-grams. Plan-o-grams should be catalogued by the
account organization and modifications should be recorded.
8. Provide detailed account plans, direction, and information for field sales support.
9. Support and develop relationships within accounts and cross-functionally at SWF (i.e., traffic, systems, credit, customer service, etc.)
10. Participate on cross-functional teams to accomplish sales and profit objectives.
11. Support achieving the "Best Experience" for your accounts, consumers, store associates and fellow associates.
Responsible for coordinating and performing numerous customer service functions for specific assigned customers efficiently, resulting in excellent customer service. This position requires a flexible work schedule of 29.5 hours per week, the average shift length is 6 hours scheduled anytime between 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. during the week. Saturday hours may be part of the work schedule (9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.).
- Achieves level-specific expectations of productivity and accuracy, while processing customer requests such as:
- Entry of multiple order types (initial, remake, repair parts etc.)
- Change/cancel/Out of Spec requests and order statuses
- Issuing credits (85%)
- Responsible for maintaining current product/account/systems knowledge in order to perform tasks in compliance with standard procedures. (10%)
- Complete other related duties as assigned by Supervisor. (5%)
Deploy Quality Tools
• DMAIC methodology (define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
• Teach the Q@S methodology and application to the facility
• Data mining and root cause analysis
• Reliability / repeatability (Gage R & R) and measurement system analysis
• Lead Black Belt Projects and key process improvement teams
• Develop Green Belts and teach and coach tool use to all associates and assure application on in the production setting
• Develop & implement process auditing / measurement systems for internal / external processes
• Build prevention into the development of new products / processes using Quality Engineering concepts
• Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams.
• Checks satisfaction of internal / external customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
• Enable and support the Total Training Plan, work instructions and procedure creation and control, and Teaming Systems in the facility
• Audits WI and Plant Procedures for effectiveness and accurate use
• Proven experience on PFMEA, Control Plan, Layer Process audits
• Kaizens – lead and participate in kaizens
• Deploy lean tools and techniques to solve production issues
• Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
• Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams on both quality and process improvements
• Support and track step 6 and 7’s from team process improvements as part of the 7 step process
• Ensures that Engineering changes and capital improvements meet timelines and desired outcomes
• Engages in resolving customer remake and listening post concerns.
• Using above process and quality acumen resolves issues and creates sustainable solutions.
• Follows up with internal and external customers to ensure resolution is effective
Minimum - Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanic o similar engineering.
• 4-7 years relevant work experience
• 5 years Quality management at the Plant level.
• Must be bilingugal (English/Spanish)
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to lead through teams as well as be effective team members of a facility management team.
• Knowledge and proven experience of the application of statistical tools for problem solving, process measurement, process control, and process improvement (for example: SPC, Design of Experiment, Process Capability, 3W5Why’s and Gage R&R as minimum).
• Working knowledge of Minitab statistical software (or similar) and adept with Microsoft Office products (including MS-Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Project Manager).
• Experience in Quality Management Systems (ISO9000 or similar) and Total Quality Management concepts.
• Be able to learn SWF tools of VOC. Listing post, Frontier, Remake Database, and Audit Database.
• Must be able to plan and direct own work with minimal direction from the others.
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools.
Preferred Education and Experiene
• ASQ Certification in Quality Engineering or Management
• Consumer products quality and process improvement experience
• Experience in resolving Quality issues by using quality tools.
• Experience in dealing with internal and external suppliers and resolving issues at all levels
• Experience in training, and coaching teams on the production floor
Under the direction of Executive Director, Global Tax Treasury and Risk Management or Federal Tax Manager, prepare and analyze tax records and reports. Prepare and review state and local tax returns. Prepare claims for state tax refunds. Prepare the annual state income tax provision for income taxes, including all requirements of FIN 48 and FAS 5. Maintain tax records and participate or prepare tax studies and assignments as delegated by management. Provide in-house state and local tax guidance to SWF business decision makers, as required. Assist in the annual insurance binding process and handle day to day insurance requests that are delegated from the Executive Director, Global Tax Treasury and Risk Management
Tax Return Preparation
*Assist in the preparation and filing of all income tax returns for the company.
*Prepare quarterly federal and international tax estimates and payments.
*Assist in the coordination of tax audits of the company.
*Monitor escheat report filings.
*Oversee the outsourcing of the sales/use tax returns
Insurance Binding Process and Day to Day Administration
*Assist in the accumulation of insured values used for the binding of Springs insurance policies
*Assist in the administration of requests received for Certificates of Insurance
*Assist in other tasks related to Risk Management that are delegated from time to time
Budget and Accounting Support
*Assist with the calculation of state deferred tax assets and liabilities on the balance sheet in accordance with the requirements of FAS 109 and FIN 48
*Assist with the calculation of state tax liabilities on the balance sheet.
*Prepare the quarterly and annual provision for state income tax.
*Calculate the ongoing state tax accrual rate to be used each month.
*Monitor level of State FIN 48 and FAS 5 reserve needs based on current risk.
*Provide state tax accrual rates for budget and recast (stub period) purposes.
*Provide balance sheet activity for state tax assets and liabilities for budget and recast purposes.
*Assist with transfer pricing decisions to minimize tax exposure.
*Participate on teams, as required, to ensure tax and risk management exposures are addressed in new and existing ventures undertaken by the company.
*Provide guidance to key decision makers on tax opportunities to reduce the tax costs of the company or minimize tax risk profile of the company.
Legacy Springs Industries Support
*Monitor ongoing tax implications of Springs Industries and its assets and liabilities.
*Assist in the preparation and filing of all appropriate tax returns for Springs Industries.
*Prepare any quarterly estimates and required payments.
Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work. (Applies to all job duties 100%)
*Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
*Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
*Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
*Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
*Improves processes within sphere of control
*Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
*Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
*Coordinates process improvements throughout SWF to minimize ongoing state and local tax exposures through proper collection of data for the filing and remittance to taxes on an ongoing basis.
*Improves processes, as required, related to all state tax filings and payment.
Fabricate new and replacement parts for manufacturing equipment.
Perform troubleshooting and repair of molds. 35%
*Troubleshoot and diagnose problems through direct evaluation and information obtained from other sources.
*Work closely with manufacturing departments on molds and process to meet manufacturing demands.
*Assist in work order quotations from vendors.
*Tear down/repair mold related manufacturing equipment if necessary.
* Clean parts using solvents or fluids.
*Measure parts for excessive wear; maintain tolerance levels to tool and product design.
*Capable of reading CAD drawings to determine tolerance levels of tool and product design.
*Fabricate replacement part(s) using all shop equipment (surface grinders, lathes, milling machines, etc).
*Replace broken part(s).
*Reassemble manufacturing equipment.
*Test reassembled manufacturing equipment for quality and safety before returning to floor.
*Complete necessary paperwork to close out work order.
*Perform assigned Preventative maintenance work orders.
Build new parts. 50%
*Develop ways to automate processes to reduce labor and cost.
*Meet with engineers to discuss part or mold specifications.
*Design parts using SolidWorks.
*Build new parts per design specifications.
*Assemble new molds.
*Test molds to specification and safety guidelines before releasing to floor.
Lead projects. 10%
*Serve as liaison with engineering on special projects.
*Design, develop, prototype and implement new molds.
*Design additional safety and ergonomic enhancements to equipment.
*Draw prints using SolidWorks.
*Verify fit, alignment and clearance in CAD.
*Determine proper materials to use based on parts volume needed, expected life of mold and component.
*Work with outside vendors as needed.
*Travel to locations to assist in installation/training as needed.
Maintain work environment. 5%
*Attend regular stretching, daily huddle, Quality at the Source (Q@S), and safety meetings.
*Maintain work environment in a need and orderly manner.
*Follow approved safety procedures.
*Report unsafe work conditions to supervisor.
MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions, and consultancy for the design challenges of unique building design, daylighting, controlled WindowManagement®, and sustainability to the Architectural, Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems is in LIC NY, employs over 500 people worldwide, with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Mexico and the U.K. (Edison, N.J., Reynosa MX, and Milton Keynes UK).
Looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual ready to make an immediate impact in a new and expanding Electrical Engineering Department. Must be capable of wearing multiple hats while catering to a fast paced and dynamic work environment. This individual must be team-oriented while being capable of working independently on a project basis. Must have good technical skills as well as excellent communications and customer interface skills.
Duties will include reporting to the Director of Engineering on projects that involve product research and development, product test, manufacturing support, phone and field-based customer/installation support. Travel is not significant, but timely based on domestic US field support requirements. Will have to be capable of managing outside vendors for example to accomplish prototype development and/or assembly.
MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the Energy Conservation and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes, U.K.).
The Estimator III is responsible for processing proposals, recording retention, addressing customer concerns and questions, and working to meet or beat formalized goals and objectives.
* Processing and delivering professionally written proposals and documentation packages.
* Working with senior Estimators to establish a winning proposal strategy for high level or high value projects.
* Identifying opportunities to improve profitability and processes.
The Brand/Channel Marketing Manager for the dealer channel is responsible to lead development, coordination and implementation of all branded marketing efforts for products and brands sold through the dealer channel (i.e., dealers, decorators, fabricators and in some cases franchise organizations) with the objective of profitably growing sales in the dealer channel. This position will have responsibility for three dealer focused brands.
Lead the channel marketing team that supports the Graber, Horizons and opening price point “fighter” brands, including managing two to three channel marketing associates.
Develop strategy for selling support materials and initiatives to increase sales and revenue (40%).
* Coordinate with product managers, sales managers and Integrated Marketing (IM) to facilitate the development of new selling materials, displays and related merchandise (i.e. product information guides, advertising planners, product displays, product literature, sample books, sell sheets, dealer launch kits, digital assets, etc.).
* Responsible to provide thoughtful creative briefs to support objectives major initiatives (i.e. new project launches, website updates, etc.) as well as thoughtful IM Requests (IMRs) for individual pieces to communicate need and objectives for the channel.
* In concert with appropriate sales managers, make presentations to dealers, franchisees and others as required.
* Work with product managers to develop and implement comprehensive training materials and selling tools as needed.
Develop and support marketing strategy around annual promotional plan with the goal of gaining market share (20%).
* Collaborate with Director of Brand/Channel Marketing and sales managers to develop the annual promotional plan.
* Work with IM and the channel team to development merchandise materials and digital marketing to support promotions in a timely manner.
* Work with Dealer Project Manager and displays team to execute promotions in a timely manner to gain market share.
* Take the lead role in managing and negotiating any consumer rebate promotions.
Collaborate to develop channel strategy (10%).
* Research sales potential and market viability for product by sales channel and recommend penetration strategies.
* Collaborate with Director of Brand/Channel Marketing and Director of Sales to develop and implement of long-range plans and competitive strategies.
* Develop mapping plan to determine/analyze market share/penetration of branded product lines.
Proactively manage loyalty program as well as other programs specific to this channel (20%).
* Identify and create brand-right consumer and customer programs to increase brand awareness, attitudes and loyalty, generate inbound traffic, encourage product adopt and generate leads.
* Proactively manage loyalty programs, looking for ways to expand to grow sales of current dealers as well as expand to new dealers or franchisees.
* Develop and manage incentive programs for franchisees as well as customer specific conventions and events.
* Oversee lead generation program and CRM.
* Manage current consumer financing program and develop ideas to increase participation.
* Actively manage branded training initiatives and develop ways to improve the content and participation rate.
Make decisions and recommendations based upon data.
* Use data to make recommendations/decisions to improve consumer awareness, engagement, conversion and overall digital experience.
* Use data to measure and analyze content performance and research new content topics and formats.
Participate in planning, budgeting and other run the business activities (10%).
* Work with Director of Brand/Channel Marketing, sales managers and product managers to understand business objectives and translate disparate goals to assist Director of Brand/Channel Marketing in developing an annual budget and managing to that budget.
* Identify associated costs within the annual budgeting calendar; assist with monthly forecast as needed.
* Collaborate with Director of Brand/Channel Marketing to plan for any annual sales incentive trips (if applicable).