SunSetter Products is hiring for a Director of Consumer Marketing based in Middleton, WI
SunSetter Products, makers of SunSetter Retractable Awnings is America's largest manufacturer of deck and patio awnings. We have earned this leadership position thanks to over half a million customers who are enjoying SunSetter. SunSetter was acquired by Springs Window Fashions in 2016, Springs has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company”, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
Director of Consumer Marketing:
The Director of Consumer Marketing will oversee consumer and e-commerce marketing for Sunsetter. There will be a strong focus on expanding the company’s direct-to-consumer and e-Commerce capabilities. This role with partner closely with design, finance, operations, external agencies and the rest of the leadership team. In this role, you will provide thought leadership, communicate strategic direction and direct the activities of the marketing organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing the strategy and execution to create a best-in-class digital consumer experience. This includes customer acquisition, conversion, retention and customer satisfaction across all consumer touch points.
The Director will have the perfect mix of art and science in their abilities, instincts and execution. You have a gut for engaging and relevant creative/communication and mind for strategy, execution and measurement. You will take a leadership role in building a best-in-class consumer experience across the Sunsetter ecosystem. You will be responsible for acquiring and retaining consumers and maximizing their lifetime value.
This position reports to the General Manager, Sunsetter and is located in Middleton, WI, just outside of Madison,
• Create marketing budget and detailed marketing plans and forecasts and analysis. Lead the development of the overall consumer marketing strategy.
• Provide leadership and oversight of the consumer marketing team, guiding and encouraging team members to adapt, improve, and achieve their objectives.
• Develop and evaluate key performance metrics; provide senior leadership accurate summaries and analysis of campaigns, results and forecasts.
• Provide strategic guidance, insight and knowledge about market trends, consumer attitudes, competitors and the effectiveness of the marketing strategy
• Profitably acquire new customers through digital advertising, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), Direct Mail, Direct Response Television, Print advertising, Social Media, external partnerships and other direct marketing programs.
• Maximize customers lifetime value through continuous improvement on the site experience, improving conversion rates and customer profitability for the online channels.
• Lead all marketing communication efforts through email and social channels.
• Develop a robust email marketing eco-system designed to convert leads to paying customers as well as the management and optimization of the dealer distribution network.
• Determine the optimal resources (internal and external) necessary to manage and grow marketing programs
• When necessary, evaluate and select the optimal 3rd party experts to help drive the success of the direct to consumer businesses
• Be the expert on new, relevant technologies to help drive consumer experience including but not limited to website optimization and personalization.
• Foster continuous improvement; ensure that all marketing activities are efficient, effective and scalable.
• Understanding and help navigate channel conflict between TC, Dealer and Costco.
• Work with technology resources to develop a consumer marketing database that can be leveraged to provide a best-in-class consumer experience
• Work with technology resources to develop a reporting suite to provide critical metrics to make both tactical and strategic decisions designed to understand customer acquisition costs and lifetime value for all key marketing channels.
• Lead all consumer insight initiatives to understand how current and potential consumers are interacting with the Sunsetter brand and overall customer experience.
• Develop and maintain a regular communication cadence with all levels of the organization
• Keep executive team apprised of changing policies, competitive developments and industry/market trends
• Requires an undergraduate degree.
• MBA a plus.
• 7 -10 years of senior strategic consumer marketing experience in a direct-to-consumer organization with a strong online / ecommerce / digital presence as well as traditional offline channels like print, direct mail and DRTV.
• Experience must include analytics-based decision-making where success is measured in terms of customer growth, acquisition costs and lifetime value.
• Consumer marketing experience must cross both online channels and traditional offline channels.
• Results-oriented self-starter with track record of excellent results in a fast-growth environment.
• Must be able to substantiate a clear understanding of consumer and media trends, and the development of market strategies and campaign outcomes resulting in significant growth of customer/revenue base within a competitive environment.
• Creative / innovative thinker; organized /detail-oriented; team player/ solution-oriented approach.
• Keen understanding of leading-edge ecommerce segmentation methodologies and their respective role in marketing communications.
• Forward thinking, marketing/business development-focused individual. Leads ecommerce revenue generating solutions.
• Strong analytical skills, proven ability to consume and understand data, work with decision analysts to get to clear results and analysis
• Exceptional skill in verbal and written communications; must also be an excellent listener
• Proven ability to successfully articulate and address complex business issues and opportunities
• Skilled manager of people and organizational leadership.
• Skilled at promoting collaboration and driving problem resolution across all levels of a business including the c-suite
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
Plan and Align
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals