Mecho is hiring for a Plant Manager for a manufacturing facility located in Edison, NJ
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall performance of site operations. He/she has responsibility for setting the facility's strategic direction, creating ATO fabrication and component plans, and developing/overseeing tactical support plans. The Plant Manager will have profit and loss responsibility for all Plant operations.
* Responsible for management, efficient operation, and continuous improvement of the Manufacturing Departments requiring diverse product, process knowledge, and interpersonal skills.
* Assist in leading the Maintenance and Tool Room departments in their supporting role as well as other facilities, manufacturing & product engineering, and New Product Development Department.
* Mentor, train and develop staff in BEx Guiding principles, Lean Mfg, continuous improvement, supply chain cost reductions, operating budgets, (Balanced Scorecards), and Quality @ Source initiatives.
* Insure that customer needs are understood and that quality and on time shipments are paramount.
35% Cost Improvement:
* Develop and Drive Cost Improvement initiatives.
* Work with Manufacturing Engineers to define improvement targets and design the process to meet target timelines.
* Utilize Lean Manufacturing Principles to Eliminate waste resulting in increased capacity.
15% Facility Safety:
* Responsible for the overall associate safety and security of the facility. Achieved through collaboration between direct reports, leads, and safety manager by setting safety goals and emphasizing high expectations of awareness through the 5-S initiatives from all associates.
* Being proactive within compliance of OSHA and NIOSH laws affecting associates.
* Assure that staff resolves issues in a timely and equitable basis.
10% Quality at the Source:
* Responsible for building quality into everything we do at every stage.
* Each manufacturing functional area is challenged with continuous improvement through improved process controls, departmental process teams, and action planning as we continue on our quality journey.
* Goals are set to reduce remakes and reduce waste.
* Will participate as an active member in numerous cross-functional teams listening to Voice of the Associate, Voice of the Customer, and Voice of the Process to make continuous improvements.
* Work with cross-functional teams along with senior management to ensure company objectives are being achieved within the direction of the strategic plan.
* Actively support Springs objectives through associate engagement.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
* 8 years of relevant experience required
* Experience with build-to-order or discrete manufacturing
* Strong background in lean manufacturing
* Experience leading a plant turnaround
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Strong leadership skills. Must be able to build trust and strong relationship with team.
* Plant manager must be assertive and work with sense of urgency
* Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing and its application
* Experience working with ERP system
* Added plus - bilingual in Spanish