Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 14 locations in North America. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company”, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
Position/Department Specific Sell
As a key part of the Corporate Quality Team, this position will lead efforts to transform data into actionable business intelligence and insights driving improvements. This role will have a significant impact on implementing and maintaining business solutions for the company, supplier partners and customers. This highly visibility role can directly impact growth on the quality team and cross functionally.
Position Specific Mission
The Quality Data Analyst will drive, develop, and improve the quality department data program across the company through best in class analytics methodologies and systems. This role will mine multiple sources of data, derive actionable insights, and translate complex results into effective conclusions. The Quality Data Analyst will assist senior team members with custom data requests and will be the primary driver of delivering insights that will educate and influence key business decision making.
Position Specific Objectives/Expected Outcomes
* Leverage structured data from data warehouses, ERP and company reports to create product quality reports and dashboards supporting cross-functional quality improvement teams.
* Manage corporate quality and operational key performance indicator reports and systems to assist operations and senior management teams in making business decisions.
* Transform quality data into actionable business intelligence insights utilizing PowerBI data visualization methods.
* Align product quality data with experiential feedback in order to support continuous improvement; create, develop and manage surveys from internal and external stakeholders.
* Provide support of ad hoc quality problem solving through diagnosis of data issues.
* Work with closely with IT and other cross-functional teams to gain a deep understanding of company data systems, structures and complex process relationships.
* Develop and produce effective quality reporting from disparate sources to support continuous data quality product and process improvement.
Initiate thorough data analysis on set standard of work for training facility quality team members and cross-functional teams.
Position Specific Requirements (Education, Experience)
* Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, IT or related degree) with a focus on data related disciplines.
* 2+ years of relevant work experience in a data analytics related role within a large, multi-site manufacturing company environment. Experience working with Quality related data (warranty, scrap, FPY, etc.) is preferred.
* Knowledge of and certification in Six Sigma with experience in Minitab is preferred.
* Familiar with leveraging data from multiple sources including Excel, SQL, data warehouses, BazaarVoice, etc. through Python, R or equivalent programming and creating visual analytics using Tableau or PowerBI to provide actionable business intelligence insights highly preferred.
* Experience conducting quantitative or qualitative analysis with analytic techniques to solve defined and undefined business problems.
* Detail and process orientated while maintaining the ability to see the larger picture.
* Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and think critically.
* Passionate about data and insights with a strong desire to get things right.
• Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Drive Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
• Instill Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Drive Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Consumer/Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions.
• Critical Thinking: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Optimize Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.