Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations in North America. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company”, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
The purpose of the Design Consultant is to promote, solicit, and close sales directly to consumers. The Design Consultant will own the consumer experience to drive higher lead generation and sales by providing high quality design consulting services in the homes of consumers. They will use their passion for interior design and décor to help consumers find the perfect window covering solution for their home while providing a best experience. The Design Consultant Position is an outside sales position that requires frequent travel within an assigned territory to further Design Consultant’s sales goals.
85% - Travel to customer homes to conduct In-Home sales consultations while assisting and educating customers with the best window covering selections for their home – facilitate the in-home quoting and selling process. Finalize sales by submitting order(s) on behalf of customers.
10% - Work closely with Retailers – Associates, Store and Dept. Managers, District and Regional Managers in educating, motivating and training staff in our programs
5% - Communication and Planning
Education and Experience
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
* Minimum requires 1 to 3 years of previous related work experience.
* May require local licensing in some municipalities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Inspiring and persuasive communication/presentation skills, with the ability to influence a broad range of people and personalities.
* Excel in high-pressure work environment that demands careful and meticulous attention to detail with emphasis on multi-tasking and prioritizing.
* Some experience on color in the home and love of interior design; previous window treatment experience a plus
* Consumer expectation setting and managing the consumer shop at home experience. Must have excellent soft personal skills in addition to selling and window covering knowledge
* Ability to assess jobsite and identify most appropriate solutions (squareness of windows, installation or operating obstacles, application conditions, etc.)
* Proficient with MS Office, mobile devices, email, CRM and the ability to learn and use new apps.
* Ability to use a tape or digital measure and provide accurate dimensions for quoting and ordering
* Travel Percentage: 95%
Optimize Work Processes