Provide general entry-level unskilled manual labor to any and all areas of wood processing operations. Learn plant operations, terminology, and expectations. Perform or help with sawing, molding, sanding, handling, stacking, sorting, puttying, finger jointing/gluing, feeding/tailing, wrapping/packing, and stickering wood material or product. Learn & perform basic machine operations to be able to assist and fill-in for machine operator for short term.
(90%) Assist in receiving, rough milling, molding, sanding, & finishing operations.
* Unload & feed wood processing equipment
* Sort product & load onto carts
* Sort and stack cubed material
* Learn, assist, and perform basic wood machine operations.
* Perform various quality checks to ensure a premium finished product
(10%) Maintain clean and safe work environment.
* Follow 5S procedures to maintain work environment in a neat and orderly condition.
* Perform minor maintenance on equipment and tools. Interact with Toolroom and Maintenance Departments on equipment and tool repair and development of new equipment and tools.
* Follow safety policies and procedures. Attend regularly-scheduled safety meetings.
* Attend daily huddles and other meetings to ensure smooth flow of communication.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent.
* Apply basic math skills including multiplication, division, subtraction, addition, and fractions.
* Understand and effectively use the standard American ruler.
* Effectively communicate with co-workers and internal customers.
* Read, analyze, and interpret work orders.
* Must be willing to be crossed-trained. Preferred - Excellent performance reviews & no history of disciplinary action.
* Quality @ Source Level I Certification. Excellent safety record Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
* Follow set safety procedures
* Team player
* Set priorities
* Be flexible in job assignments
* Hand/eye coordination
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to meet job productivity expectations
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Able to stand for long periods of time while lifting, sorting, handling product with both hands
* Able to effectively visually inspect product for defects
Ensures quality by:
* Using project plan and project schedule methodology
* Clearly defining and utilizing processes in daily work
* Understanding SWF team structure, roles and responsibilities
* Integrating process methodology into daily work; MPI, QAT, 5S, 6D, Q@S etc
* Looking for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders
* Identifying gaps using tools such as Baldridge criteria, WI Forward Award criteria, GPTW, IDP etc
* Establishing forums to share best practices
* Using department and company scorecard and other metrics
* Measuring own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level