Directly responsible for sales growth of assigned SWFcontract Inside Sales territory, via telephone and email communications as well as quarterly trips to the market for face to face meetings with assigned accounts. Core customer base includes commercial dealers, general contractors, designers and architects in the assigned territory. Will represent SWFcontract at on the road training events including assigned and additional accounts. Position will as part of a regional team with multiple outside sales representatives and contribute towards overall team goals.
70%- Sales Growth
* Increase sales of custom blinds, solar shades, and drapery hardware for use in commercial applications to existing subcontractor and distributor/fabricator accounts.
* Contact customer proactively to sell/discuss the benefits of using our products for current projects.
* Schedule and maintain call cycle based on list developed through understanding targeted customers and opportunities.
* Maintain CRM - Microsoft Dynamics.
* Work with Outside Sales Counterparts to maximize territory and region growth and achieve sales goals.
* Team with Outside Sales to effectively strategize and respond to project bid opportunities.
* Utilize sales reports to identify potential project opportunities.
* Respond to customer/architect’s requests timely and per established process.
* Insure that sampling of company product lines within assigned territory is complete and accurate.
* Work with Customer Service to effectively resolve complex project issues.
* Communicate competitive information and product improvements to marketing.
* Travel Quarterly into territory to meet with key accounts, in addition to Company Sales Meetings & Training Events.
* Always respond to customers with diplomacy, tact and understanding to maintain customer loyalty.
20%- Interact with Customer Service, field sales (Commercial Sales Managers), and Director of Commercial Sales.
* Operates in a Team environment, collaborating with Outside Sales to achieve region sales goals and initiatives.
* Work with customer service to ensure that orders, order status, and customer complaints are handled in a timely manner.
* Engage with Applications Engineering for technical support and assist customers with project planning
* Maintain a current database of all customers including key attributes and potential opportunities.
* New account set up process.
* Participate in training sessions, conference calls, and sales meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2+ years relevant experience Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
* Experience working in commercial sales is desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* The ability and desire to sell
* Direct outside sales experience.
* Strong decision making and judgment skills
* Excellent communication skills, with specific experience by telephone
* Excellent product knowledge and the ability to communicate this knowledge by phone, fax, etc.
* Team oriented
* Effectively prioritizes multiple demands/strong organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Sense of urgency in responding to customer and architectural requests
* Understanding of commercial market and specification/bid process
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate via telephone
* Excellent knowledge of company systems
* Thorough knowledge of products, display and merchandise materials, policies and procedures and the ability to communicate this knowledge by phone.
* Good decision making and judgment
* Outgoing personality - even tempered, aggressive, sincere, and friendly
* Ability to multi-tasks effectively and perform well in a fast paced environment
* Ability to prioritize and balance multiple assignments/strong organizational and planning skills