Auxiliary in the development of safety and hygiene and environmental programs, prevent hazardous or unhealthy labor conditions, as well as search for measures of prevention and protection to the environment to comply with the requirements of mexican legislation, certifications, policies and procedures
* Responsible for monitoring and auditing the industrial safety and hygiene programs to prevent or correct hazardous or unhealthy working conditions.
* Support the collection of data and reports of key performance indicators (KPIs) for Safety, Health and Environment of the facilities to be used in facilities, at a corporate level or in business units.
* Assists the environmental management system and daily operations associated with waste management programs, air and water quality, environmental objectives / targets, water treatment, registration / reporting, as well as other Associated EHS programs at the facility.
* Assists internal and external EHS audits; solves the opportunities identified therein; updates the EHS system documentation and communicates revised processes to all stakeholders as well as management of corrective and preventive actions.
* Responsible for the coordination and proper functioning of the health and safety commission.
* Support in environmental and safety inspections, support for spill care brigades, emergency equipment review, etc.
* Purchase of personal protection equipment as well as environmental control equipment for the different areas of the company.
* Communicate and train on internal policies, procedures, regulations and corporate requirements of EHS to plant personnel.
* Responsible for monitoring and auditing the practices of handling, storing and disposing of hazardous materials and wastes.
* Maintain and develop the procedures for the EHS system and any other system that the company required for your operation.
* Management of high-risk work programs (heights, confined spaces, hot works, lot-electrical works).
* Investigation of accidents and incidents.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Responsible for the handling, storing and disposing of hazardous materials and wastes, signing of manifests.
* Create procedures of the processes controlled by EHS.
* Comply with all legal and company requirements and attend any legal audit.
Education and Experience
BS in chemistry, industrial engineer, 1 year of EHS experience in the maquiladora industry as environmental health & safety technician or similar, intermediate knowledge in environmental and safety legislation. Knowledge in government regulations, labor and environmental studies. Knowledge of emergency brigades.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Competent in computer skills.
* Team oriented
* Used to working under pressure
* Good communication skills
* Service oriented
* Desirable knowledge of ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001