The training manager will be responsible for ensuring that all sales professionals have thorough knowledge of the product, can effectively use closing skills, overcome objections, and use consultative selling techniques. The trainer will be considered a resource for the entire Commercial Business Unit, as well as Dealers and Architects within the Commercial Business Unit. The sales trainer will conduct ongoing training for all skill levels, with a heavy emphasis on product and Brand differentiation training.
The primary responsibility of this position is to successfully train all Commercial Sales Reps on effective sales process in order to promote the sale of SWFcontract and Mecho products, to achieve maximum market penetration, and to attain short and long range objectives for the Commercial Business Unit sales growth. This position is full time and will typically work 50+ hours weekly. Specific duties include:
1). Plan, conduct, coordinate and implement a comprehensive training program for the sales staff. The training components will be geared primarily toward new hires, existing sales staff and sales professionals who seek one-on-one assistance. Certain training components will also be delivered to dealer partners.
2). Develop various training presentations and content to be used to train sales team
3). Deliver presentations via webinars or in-person training events; including online on-demand webinars
4) Develop accredited CEU courses with the assistance of outside firms
5). Tailors training programs to meet the needs of specific customers/sales associates.
6). Works with Engineering, Sales, Product Management and Marketing to understand product differentiators relative to competition.
7). Works with Commercial marketing team to develop creative ways to demonstrate key product differentiators.
8). Works with Copy Writer to develop scripts for LMS or video content.
9). Works with Commercial Marketing department to develop and package training materials such as presentations, video, invitations to seminars, ads in trade publications, agendas and evaluation sheets.
10). Represents the division when asked to speak at regional shows or conventions.
11). Acts as a conduit between customers and the Marketing Department. Brings back suggestions on product assortments, design, colors, fabrics, installation techniques or issues, mechanical features, etc. Also reports suggestions to improve sales tools used by decorators and designers.
12). Evaluates the results of training vs. performance objectives. Considers customer feedback and tracking systems employed by sales and marketing.
13) Manages the training budget.
Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
* Improves processes within sphere of control
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Other Scope Data:
* Develops, coordinates, and conducts product and sales training programs for approximately 70 sales representatives.
* Develops, coordinates, and conducts product and sales training programs for external customers, primarily delivered via webinar sessions.
* Must be self-motivated and have the drive to succeed without direct, daily supervision. They will be expected to contribute to the sales growth of the professional division.
Education and Experience
* Bachelors Degree in Training, Education, Business or related field is required.
* At least five years of training/teaching and presentation experience is also required, along with a proven track record of developing and conducting training programs in a business environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The sales trainer should have excellent presentation skills, as well as the ability to motivate, teach and inspire the sales staff. Must have experience in developing fact-based selling presentations and in facilitating role playing and other types of participatory techniques.
* Uses project plan and project schedule methodology
* Clearly defines and utilizes processes in daily work
* Knows SFW team structure, roles and responsibilities
* Integrates process methodology into daily work; MPI, QAT, 5S, 6D, Q@S etc
* Looks for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders
* Identifies gaps using tools such as Baldridge criteria, WI Forward Award criteria, GPTW, IDP etc
* Establishes forums to share best practices
* Uses dept and company scorecard and other metrics
* Measures own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level