The primary function of this position is to support the operations team with analysis of facility performance, understand and communicate profitability of key manufacturing initiatives, and to work collaboratively on budgeting & forecasting. In addition, this position will assist the financial analysis on capital expenditure projects, track and monitor the performance of cost savings initiatives and ad hoc analysis as required.
* Understand and explain facility performance on a weekly and monthly basis. Assist in the preparation of documents for facility reviews and provide insights to key leaders during monthly updates.
* Partner with operations leaders on projects as requested. This may involve cost analysis, tracking cost reduction efforts, generating proformas for changes to production, etc.
* Assist and support the manufacturing leaders/Finance with the annual budgeting monthly rolling forecast process
* Support the financial modeling of capital expense requests. Must be able to explain the model assumptions, risks, upside, etc. and present information to others as requested
* Develop and implement continuous process improvements
* Create analysis and presentations to communicate
* Support operation/manufacturing facilities and large projects as necessary
* Be proficient in financial systems and effectively utilize tools
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodologies
* Define and document department processes and procedures
* Presentations and deliverables are prepared with high level of attention to detail and professionalism
* Identifies waste, rework and other process inefficiencies and proactively works to improve/solve
* Periodically interview customers to determine level of satisfaction and strives to exceed expectations
* Prepare unbiased, data-driven analysis useful for decision making
* Utilize effective communication strategies to ensure collective understanding and alignment
* 10-20% Travel Requirement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
* 3-5 years related experience with sufficient business acumen to understand variances and escalate as necessary
* The preferred candidate is a professional with an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or business with 3-5 years of experience in finance or accounting field. Cost accounting/manufacturing experience a plus but not necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Requires knowledge of financial modeling including make/buy analysis, IRR as well as financial statement analysis
* Ability to apply analytical tools and present findings using effective communication strategies
* Strong business acumen with the drive to dig into issues and ability to create ad hoc analysis
* Ability to work directly with senior management
* Clearly defines and utilizes processes in daily work; looks for innovative ways to streamline work processes and involves stakeholders
* Problem identification and problem solving skills are critical
* Knowledge and ability to drive projects and assignments to completion
* Organizational skills and effective time management are essential