It’s an exciting time to work at Springs Window Fashions. As the company looks to continue to grow as a leader in the window fashions industry, we have a need for product leaders to bring new and exciting ideas to the category. With this opportunity, you will work with cutting edge products in the window fashions industry involving motors, home automation, radio communication protocols, APPs, and power solutions. You will have an opportunity to create strong business cases for new product ideas and commercialize them through the NPD stage gate process. This is an opportunity to be a major contributor to the growth strategy for the future of Springs Window Fashions.
* Lead a team of Product Managers and Engineers with the overall accountability for sales, competitiveness and profitability of all products within the motorized products category
* Transform the development plans for the motorization category by ensuring the products are competitive and leaders in consumer relevant areas
* Create and help maintain a 3 to 5-year product roadmap supported by data from consumer research and other sources of understanding of unmet consumer needs and technology advances in the marketplace
* Create business cases to support new product development initiatives within the motorization category
* Complete price management, competitive price analysis, and price positioning to thoroughly understand pricing within the market and price products competitively while maintaining acceptable margins
* Lead concept development, product design, optimization and refinement, ensuring consumer needs are met
* Participate in development of sales proposals with the sales & brand management organizations for each account. Make sales presentations to customers
* Be responsible to manage the overall project and timeline by utilizing Gantt Charts or other accepted time and project management tools to ensure timely product introductions
* Establish market plans for new product implementation with the brand management organization. Develop point-of-sale information in conjunction with brand management
* Monitor, evaluate, and improve new and existing SKU performance and maximize product productivity
* Drive and manage a research and benchmarking strategy to ensure a deep understanding of the consumer, customer, and competitors. Maintain a thorough understanding of market shares, shifts, and trends, by product, channel, customer, and competitor.
* Provide tools for the development of field-training programs. Deliver training for products on occasion.
* Champion projects and present strategy and briefs in key cross-functional meetings to senior management.
* Build on organizational strengths and corporate culture of openness, honesty, and mutual respect.
* Partner with Procurement leadership to reinforce and support the Global Supplier Strategy for motorization.
* Responsible for understanding quality metrics for the motorized products and driving improvement initiatives through Operations and Engineering. Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
Education and Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited four year university
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s in Engineering along with a master’s degree or equivalent
Minimum Experience Required: 8 -10 years of previous related work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Previous work experience should involve New Product Development.
* Experience navigating an NPD stage gate process.
*Experience in the creation of a business case for new project proposals.
* Experience with IoT products strongly preferred. This could include APPs, communication protocols, cloud functionality and the like.
* Good communication skills and the ability to make presentations to Sr. Leaders and customers.
* MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)