The Associate Product Manager will assist one or more Product Managers and/or Senior Product Managers in managing and developing motorized shade drives and associated controls. Many of the activities assigned to the Assistant Product Manager will be similar to those assigned to the Product Manager; however, an individual at the associate level will work with more supervision and will have less latitude for independent decision making.
- Participate in setting basic strategic direction for assigned products.
- Financial accountability
- Accountable for sales volume and profitability (standard variable margins) of assigned product line(s)
- Develop accurate sales forecasts for assigned product lines.
- Recommend price levels, which meet the needs of the company yet, find acceptance in the marketplace.
- Work with colleagues in marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering and sales to identify and carry through with cost reduction projects.
- Improve product vitality:
- Team lead, and when necessary, project manage new product, and product enhancement/refresh projects to ensure adherence to the NPS schedule.
- Under the direction of lead Product Manager, identify consumer and trade needs and benchmark against competition.
- Under the direction of lead Product Manager, identify specific product needs and define requirements for Engineering. Participate, along with more senior members of marketing, in establishing market plans for new product rollouts.
- Work with Purchasing and Engineering department, source selected items from vendors. Work closely with vendors on new and/or existing product designs.
- Under the direction of lead Product Manager, make decisions on SKU mix, design and functionality of assigned product line(s).
- Coordinate various functions involved in product introductions/refreshes, Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Integrated marketing, Distribution, Finance and Engineering Services
- Monitor and evaluate new items sales and margin performance.
- Marketing Responsibilities:
- Achieve market penetration for assigned products
- Develop, recommend and implement aggressive marketing programs to achieve share growth.
- Execute sample and demonstration elements of the new product launch activities.
- Insure that product integrity is maintained. Supervise product improvements, keeping products equal to or better than competition.
- Insure that proper support is given the product through necessary selling tools and materials, proper sales effort and appropriate merchandising programs.
- Constantly look for, recommend, and implement innovative programs and approaches to promote market share growth.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned products, as well as competitors’ products.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of the markets in which Springs products compete, and the accounts in these markets.
- Under the direction of lead Product Manager, prepare and make presentations to current and potential customers
- Maintain product line:
- Provide guidance to productions planning associates, to maintain targeted inventory and service levels.
- Assist in preparation of marketing budget, and monitoring of on-going performance against budget.