The IT Associate Project Manager will assist with various critical IT projects focusing on the delivery of products and tools for our organization. The candidate will be thorough, technical, and collaborative. The candidate will work with subject matter experts, business analysts, customers, developers, testers and internal business leaders to deliver solutions. The IT Associate Project Manager will be responsible for assisting in managing all aspects of moderately complex to medium-to-large-scale Information Technology projects that span two or more organizational boundaries.
* Help manage (plan, monitor, and control) multiple projects across the IT Project team utilizing both agile and waterfall project methodologies. Focus will be on milestones/deadlines, deliverables, budgets, resources, and key stakeholder relationships
* Work with team to define project scope and objectives. Must have an understanding of IT project lifecycle and application of industry standard project methodologies.
* Support management of cross-functional strategic projects of high complexity and visibility within the organization.
* Experience in status reporting and management of expectations.
* Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately.
* Contribute to process improvements to established project development processes.
* Utilize common project management methods to help ensure project delivery.
* Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solution of problems.
* Ensure appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project
* Assisnt to translate customer business objectives into tactical plans and strategies
* Maintain budget and quality standards and manage deliverables
* Ensure documentation is maintained as the project is changed or refined over time, and communicate project status to end-users
Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
* Improves processes within sphere of control
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, or related discipline.
* 3-5+ years of project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PPT, Visio
* Experience in Microsoft Project server preferred
* Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with business and IT subject matter experts.
* Experience in working as a liaison between IT and business end users a plus.
* Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions a plus but not required.
* Must be detailed-oriented, results-driven, energetic and motivated.
* Must have a high degree of independence, this position is responsible for supporting thorough, high quality deliverables utilizing best practices project management tools and methodologies to ensure on-time on-budget delivery along with production system stability.
* Exposure to project management best practices
* Ability to facilitate issue resolution
* Ability to perform multiple duties concurrently with attention to detail and quality
* Ability to proactively monitor and communicate for timely escalation of issues
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
* Ability to work independently and with teams without supervision
* Ability to prioritize and manage work without supervision
* Ability to facilitate internal and cross team interactions
* Ability to foster new ideas and concepts
* Ability to understand and follow IT department data metrics requirements (such as time recording and project tracking)
* Must have a basic understanding of the business process flow.
* Uses project plan and project schedule methodology
* Clearly defines and utilizes processes in daily work
* Knows SFW team structure, roles and responsibilities
* Integrates process methodology into daily work; MPI, QAT, 5S, 6D, Q@S etc
* Looks for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders
* Identifies gaps using tools such as Baldridge criteria, WI Forward Award criteria, GPTW, IDP etc
* Establishes forums to share best practices
* Uses dept and company scorecard and other metrics
* Measures own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level