Manages the flow of job applicants and provide customer service to internal and external customers to assist in the recruiting process and to ensure that internal customer needs are met. Exemplifies Springs core competencies in customer service.
Recruitment: Helps create and place employment advertising, screens prospective associates by checking references, administering pre-employment assessment, and interviewing. May provide job requirements to employment agencies and assist with recruiting. Advise applicants of the status of their applications.
POSITION CONTROL: Serves as the job posting coordinator for internal and external recruitment. Utilizes the Internet capabilities for sourcing through candidate searches.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: Manages performance appraisal and review process for factory associates and ensures timeliness. This includes coaching factory supervisors on proper forms completion. Maintains confidentiality and ensures that HRIS information and files are up to date, accurate and meet established data integrity criteria.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ensures that customer needs are met by integrating them into operations. Communicates with a diverse group of customers as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Assists with affirmative action.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Recommends changes in office practices or procedures and improves workflow processes in the department. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Provides customer service for phones and walk in traffic to applicants, associates, and visitors. Answer phones, take messages, transfer calls, direct associates with questions to appropriate HR person
- Does preliminary screening of walk in applicants and refers them to the self-service area. Provides administrative support for Human Resource Managers.
- Manages the reception area and serves as key HR customer service professional for walk in applicants. Monitors work flow, traffic flow and self-service application area.
- Conducts reference checks. Handles paperwork for new hires and sends rejection letters to candidates not selected. Gathers other data such as EEO information, as needed
- Maintains factory and warehouse associate records on Ceridian such as entering new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, department and location changes salary adjustments and reviews
- Completes all (exempt and non-exempt) verifications of employment both in writing and verbally on the telephone for past and current associates.
- Coordinator for factory hourly annual general wage increase. Works with HR Manager –Compensation & Benefits and assists all locations.
- Generates and distributes reports including Factory Biweekly for Supervisors, Section Managers, HR, Middleton Manufacturing Associates by Dept., and produces other reports as needed.
- Places Exempt postings on Intranet & Internet System. Post Factory and Office Hourly and Exempt postings, and reads hourly and sales positions on appropriate Job Hotline. Records open positions on job hotline and posts factory positions.
- Reviews and researches any vacation and bonus issues, questions or discrepancies for factory hourly associates. Completes weekly vacation maintenance cleanup for factory hourly associates.
- Maintain Salary-Action-Profile (SAP) logs and follow up with supervisors on late reviews. Rerun extended SAP’s.
- Assists recruiters in maintaining applicant and promotion logs for Office Hourly and Exempt positions including Field Service Representatives. Task also includes exempt and sales positions in Middleton and branch locations. Logs applications and promotions for office and factory positions in Middleton. Task also includes exempt and sales positions in Middleton and branch locations
- Manages Service Awards Program for Middleton associates. Send out notification packets to associates, unpack, distribute gifts, and notify managers/supervisors.
- Coordinate retirement celebrations and maintain retiree database in Approach.
- Maintains two HR form files.
- Maintain Factory Hourly filing and records
- Answers questions from associates and supervisors regarding HR policies and procedures and refers customers to appropriate HR staff as required.
- Completes and maintains I-9 file in accordance with Federal Law and follow up on expired cards.
- Reviews the list of associates “not paid” and assure that they are on a leave of absence or layoff.
- Oversees associate referral program. Logs referrals, requests checks and ensures distribution.
- Completes any necessary duties in the absence of Human Resources Coordinator - Compensation and Benefits.
- Provides back-up for the Human Resources Coordinator – Training & Development
Quality: - Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
- Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
- Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
- Improves processes within sphere of control
- Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
- Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Manages the flow of job applicants and provide customer service to internal and external customers for the Horizons facilities to assist in the recruiting process and to ensure that internal customer needs are met.