To support creative strategy and design / visual standards to develop superior creative work across all department deliverables.
Create visual designs from concept to completion that inspire, inform, or captivate customers and consumers. Develop the overall layout and production design for projects which may include dimensional sampling materials, advertisements, brochures, informational/instructional guides, website updates, digital banners and promos, packaging and signage.
Manage (plan and implement) design and visual standards for assigned product line under the direction of the Integrated Marketing leadership to develop superior creative work. Also, to improve the processes for design and integrated marketing, procedures and training.
65% - Designs and provides leadership for the creative development of individual projects
- Addresses both the general brand standards and the specific requirements of the project to design timely, cost appropriate and effective marketing vehicles through the correct usage of typography, photography, illustration and printing techniques as well as usability and SEO techniques for electronic projects
- Coordinates with channel marketing and the Integrated Marketing Managers to insure the priority and timeliness of all projects
- Collaborates with the Integrated Marketing Managers in developing production specifications to support design of projects. Understands and communicates the production requirements of all projects when handing them off to production/purchasing staff. This includes paper and printing requirements, costs, file preparation, and color separation
- Works closely with channel marketing managers and integrated marketing managers to support creative strategy and key messaging to be communicated in work
- Uses correct and industry acceptable technical processes to develop projects
- Conducts creative reviews on appropriate assigned projects
15% - Liaison
- Provides primary communication point for assigned projects
- Meets directly with project initiators
- Attends meetings for creative development and design input or presentations
- Reports on project status as well as issues and implications to other areas
10% - Supports overall visual brand standard requirements
- Working with the Associate Creative Manager, supports, communicates and maintains documentation of all graphic standards and design principles for assigned brands
- On individual projects, art directs and proofs projects to assure consistent and correct usage of all graphic and photographic standards
- Sets competitive benchmarking as input for development of brand standard requirements
10% - Planning/Analysis/Strategy Development
- Participates in department planning, identifying top level improvement priorities and supporting projects as well as contributing to achievement of key performance indicators
- Quality - (Required for all SWF job descriptions) - Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work. (Applies to all job duties 100%)
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
- Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
- Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
- Improves processes within sphere of control
- Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
- Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
This position is one that will affect the accuracy, efficiencies and costs of production. They will be responsible for recommending and purchasing of outside design services. This is an annual budgetary responsibility of approximately $100,000. They will be responsible for the design of @ 500-1000 projects/year. Their activities, leadership and recommendations will directly affect the printing of the $10 million of literature and Brand Marketing materials produced by our department. The correct application of both SWF and Customer standards has the potential to directly affect both sales and customer relationships.