Springs Window Fashions, the second largest manufacturer and marketer of window coverings in North America, is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to support members of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Administrative Leadership Team (ALT). The role will allow the ideal candidate to be immersed in many areas of the company to allow for fulfilling role with much variety. The position will support at least 3 executives with calendaring, travel planning, meeting coordination and more, as well as assist ALT members with clerical duties as needed. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for front desk reception duties each afternoon. Hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
* Responsible for administrative support assigned members of the SLT, ALT and reporting departments.
* Talents would include an organized, self-starter with strong communication skills with a take charge attitude.
* Lead or participate on multiple projects/assignments for the entire scope of the assigned projects. Will require working with other cross-functional team members to ensure timely completion.
* Contribute ideas and strategies for process improvements that will create a Best Experience for internal and external customers.
* Perform high-level support activities across department/division/function for specific assignments. Exercise initiative and creativity in proactively seeking solutions to issues.
* Partner with SLT and ALT members to understand work style and business demands. Maintain his/her calendar to maximize efficiency. Decide on necessity, timing and length of appointments requested by others. Resolve scheduling discrepancies.
* Schedules outside and in-house meetings and coordinates all details as necessary (date/time/location, attendees, catering, and equipment). Coordinates travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, rental cars) through Corporate Travel. Includes obtaining quotes, making reservations, putting reservations on hold and confirming and assuring all details are handled appropriately.
* Answers inquiries whenever possible, using his/her knowledge of the organization, policies, etc. Performs miscellaneous administrative duties (i.e. typing, filing, copying, faxing).
* Creates presentations, spreadsheets, and/or other documents at the direction of the SLT or ALT member(s).
* Creates expense reports for SLT members.
* Assists customers, vendors, and other business representatives visiting designated SLT member. Makes lunch and dinner arrangements accordingly.
* Maintains the filing system for the SLT member(s).
Education and Experience
* Associate Degree in Business or Equivalent
* Minimum of 2-3 year’s work experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong problem solving, scheduling, organization, typing, and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to work with associates at all levels within the company, good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
* Attention to detail is essential.
* Must possess highly developed software skills; proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, plus email calendaring and applications.