Responsible for providing drawing and technical support to the product engineering team and manufacturing areas. This is successfully accomplished by understanding, accurately specifying, and adhering to customer requirements, utilizing and applying quality tools and methods and pursuing continuous improvement in all aspects of product and process design. These efforts will have a direct impact on reducing labor and material costs, while improving value, reliability, and performance.
* Draw and detail components using CAD software.
* Revise and update existing drawings.
* Properly name and locate drawings in appropriate file locations.
* Build product samples using machine tools (lathe, mill, drill press, saw) and hand tools
* Prepare, set up, and perform product and lab tests.
* Maintain and organize lab area following 5S principles.
* Document data gathered from product testing, summarize and provide to project manager.
* Review and prepare Bills of Materials (BOM).
* Prepare and document Specification Revisions and Engineering Change Requests (SR and ECR) as directed by Product Engineer.
* Communicate and provide project status/updates to team lead and other associates within engineering team.
* Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis efforts for various product issues.
* Investigate and acquire potential components for development projects.
* Inspect, measure, and evaluate new or existing components to validate and verify design meets requirements.
* Create reports to summarize monthly data (remakes).
* Prepare and revise documents (internal fabrication, instruction sheets).
* Set up and perform manufacturing process measurements including statistical process control, inspection, and product testing.
* Manage short and middle duration projects (1- 3 and 3 - 6 months).
* Maintain and enter project time into database.
* Involved in continuous improvement initiatives following process improvement methods.
* Quality - (Required for all SWF job descriptions) - Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work. (Applies to all job duties 100%)
Education and Experience
Associate Degree and 4-7 years of work experience or high school diploma and 7+ years of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proficient with CAD drawing (SolidWorks, Auto Cadd)
* Proficient and knowledge of typical drafting standards
* Experience with metal and wood machine tools
* Data collection and management of database.
* Experience taking data and make process time studies.
* Technical writing skills for memos, lab reports, and project updates.
* Strong general math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages, fractions, metric conversions, algebra, and geometry)
* Preparing Samples for Testing and Analysis
* Lean Manufacturing principles knowledge.
* Project Management experience.
* Self motivated.
* Documentation oriented.
* Service oriented attitude.
Preference given to candidates with:
2 year associates degree in industrial design or engineering mechanics or Industrial Engineering
2-4 years experience working with design related software.
2-4 years direct experience in manufacturing environment working with primary operations (stamping, molding, forming, extrusion) and/or secondary fabrication of products