This position “configures” the ATO models that are used in the ERP application for both the Order Entry application(s) and the shop floor assembly. The ATO Configuration Analyst must have solid knowledge of the SWF products, ability to read and comprehend the Fabrication manuals along with designing the actual model via a white-boarding effort. This position enters the model’s characteristics (conditions, formulas, options, rules, etc.) into the ERP system. The ATO Configuration Analyst must display the analytical skills to quickly troubleshoot issues within the system / models when necessary, since it may involve preventing an order or entire department from creating the end product.
Often this position will be responsible for maintaining the models for a specific product line. All systems changes, coordination and implementation will be handled by this position.
In several cases, this position will assist and become the liaison to the external configuration group for how information will be handled and processed through manufacturing.
The ATO application is used to configure all SWF custom made products.
* With limited direction – takes on the responsibility of maintaining the models from beginning to end for an entire product line(s).
* Define all ATO models and maintain the ATO system set up for all product lines within the Springs Window Fashions Network. This includes all Springs Window Fashions facilities and affiliates.
* Establish/maintain all ATO option lists that affect the ATO order entry screens used by all internal systems including Customer Service along with the Web sites support by SWF.
* Interpret/establish/maintain ATO documents for all custom products manufactured within SWF to aid in the development of the ATO model. This provides all the information required by the manufacturing shop floor to produce any type of ATO order.
* Maintain highly detailed documentation on all ATO models manufactured by the SWF facilities and affiliates for the use of entering and maintaining the ATO configurator.
* Maintain ATO modeling process, all color coordination charts, ATO Model list, color by warehouse and ATO guidelines and procedures.
* Process any Product Change Request (PCR) that relates to the ATO configuration system for all ATO models within SWF. This will include establishing and revising stock parts required for use by ATO models.
* Convene and attend meetings with product teams necessary for maintaining and establishing new ATO products.
* Provide guidance to the external configuration group as to how the information will be interpreted once it used within the ATO model and manufacturing process.
* Troubleshoot and resolve errors (sometimes with the assistance of another department) regarding issues such as color, formula, etc.
* Understand and interpret technical manuals and catch mistakes before they get onto the manufacturing floor.
* Work with the EDI Administrator when problems occur with EDI and troubleshoot the issues.
* Establish forecasting plan bills for all ATO product and link to the forecasting system required for Production Inventory Control to set future ATO manufacturing needs
* Create / maintain a parallel ATO model system for order processing and manufacturing of display products.
Education and Experience
A two-year degree in engineering or a related technical discipline is strongly desired; a bachelor’s degree is preferred. Prior experience in the service of manufacturing custom made window coverings is preferred, along with familiarity and use of an ATO configured system. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or related software package is desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires a very analytical approach to problem solving, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others including Product Management, Engineering, Purchasing, Production Control, Customer Service, Accounting, Manufacturing, Pricing, Sales, e-business and IT. Prior use of and demonstrated skill in the use of Boolean rules is highly desirable, along with a detailed knowledge of the manufacture and assembly of all the SWF ATO products. Detailed knowledge in using Excel and Word is preferred.