MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. Every Mecho employee is tasked with creating Best Experiences for their coworkers. This is defined as creating an environment where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve it objectives.We currently have an opportunity for a Production Planning Clerk at our Manufacturing Facility in Edison, NJ
The Production Planning Clerk assists the Production Scheduling team with the planning, scheduling and releasing of orders.
* Track and prioritize work orders to meet customer requirements.
* Review work orders for accuracy and material availability prior to releasing to the Production floor.
* Distributes work orders to departments, denoting number, type, and proposed completion date of bands to be produced.
* Confers with department supervisors/leads to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods received from methods or engineering departments.
* Reviews inventory needs of materials and fabric needed to complete production work orders.
* Review and respond or forward all emails within a 2 (two) hour window.
* Load jobs into the fabric cutting machines.
* Pro-actively communicate with all other departments and corporate office to provide job status and resolve discrepancies.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Plant Manager.
Education and Experience
* Must have minimum of 1 year supporting busy Production Planning department
* HS Diploma, GED or equivalent Experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must be computer proficient; MS Excel, MS Word, web based programs, etc.
* Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills. (oral & written)
* Work well under pressure.
* Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
* Self-starter with ability to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance, stoop, and kneel.