Ideal candidates will be located in the Boston, MA, Hartford, CT or Providence, RI area.
Develop strategy to grow profitable sales through commercial sub contractor (dealer) base in a multi state territory. Directly responsible for developing relationships with senior level management at commercial owners/developers, and architectural firms, influencing major project specifications. Responsible for tracking projects through the convoluted spec/bid/award process - calling on the relevant decision makers, strategizing with commercial dealers, and acting as Project Manager on customized or ETO projects. Responsible to manage, train, and expand dealer base.
70% Sales Growth
- Develop territory strategy in line with overall Contract business unit objectives
- Identify top twenty dealers with growth opportunity.
- Identify top twenty A&D firms, developing strategy to penetrate account at senior management level.
- Develop quarterly travel schedule to maximize coverage of corporate end users, developers, facility managers and key A&D firms.
- Track major projects from specification through document, bid/award, and installation.
- Act as Project Manager for key major projects, coordinating with Technical Support, Customer Service, Credit, and the designated dealer.
- Order/coordinate project specific samples, mock up blinds, and CAD drawings.
- Work with Director of Sales on project specific opportunities requiring special pricing and/or resources.
- Recommend new distribution and supply account profile to be reviewed by Director.
- Develop/train dealers on new product updates through approved Power Point presentations.
- Work with Inside Sales on growth opportunities and project bids in secondary markets.
- Communicate competitive pricing and sales tactics. 10% Customer Service.
- Work with Customer Service to identify major projects needing specific handling, special requirements, sampling, or tracking.
- Identify major projects that will require a ramp up in specific inventory or manufacturing.
- Work with Customer Service and/or Technical Support to resolve any product issues and credits.
- Enter external CS issues on the Listening Post.
10% Coordination with Inside Sales
- Review secondary accounts and growth opportunities.
- Identify growth markets and recommend new dealers in weak markets.
- Strategize on projects bidding across multiple markets and dealer classifications.
- Coordinate A&D needs within Inside Sales territory. 10% Project/customer specific sampling requests and reporting.
- Order and/or coordinate project specific sampling requests, including Binders, sample decks, sample blinds or shades, fabric swatches, and custom mock up blinds. Orders placed through sample process.
- Sales, Major Project tracking, Calendar, Binder Placement, T&E Tracking, and weekly Expense Reports.