In a manner consistent with Best Experience, serves as a Human Resources Generalist for internal customer groups. Coordinates and connects management and staff with appropriate resources to ensure the following processes are understood and adhered to: Voice of the Associate (VOA), recruitment, training & development, compensation & benefits and environmental, health & safety (EHS). Also provides counsel regarding employee relations issues and guides the coaching and counseling process. Responsible for facilitating the development of policies and procedures including the HR and Associate Resource Guides.
PROFESSIONAL AND LEADERSHIP
* Represent Springs Window Fashions professionally within and outside the organization.
* Champion change and look for ways to implement best practices and process improvements.
* Plan, prioritize and schedule tasks to ensure organizational, department and personal goals are met.
* Show self-starting initiative and perform job functions independently.
* Maintain appropriate confidentiality in all aspects of work.
* Maintain competency and expand knowledge in skills required to perform job.
* Prepare and present updates for customer groups and management to demonstrate accountability, check direction and educate on the content of your work.
* Lead by example by setting high standards and adhering to established policies and procedures.
* Identify and call out situations where supporting HR Specialist service is not meeting customer expectations.
* Model and provide high-level customer service in a manner consistent with Best Experience and our Guiding Principles.
* Exhibit cooperation and constructive problem-solving skills when interacting in the organization.
* Project friendly, open service image. ?Actively listen to customer needs and respond accordingly.
* Maintain professional boundaries needed to objectively provide generalist service for all customer groups.
* Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Exhibit tact and patience, especially when serving customers.
* When dealing with complaints, display empathy, remain calm and do not personalize the issue, document and refer to your manager as appropriate and in any case with a high probability of legal action.
* Conduct exit-interviews and compile data to determine if individual, department and/or organizational actions are necessary to better retain associates.
* Know and follow SWF teaming expectations.
* Primarily support generalist areas as outlined in Job Purpose.
* Counsel managers on the corrective action process including documentation, coaching and counseling progression, follow-up and termination.
* Work with managers and staff on conflict resolution.
* Understand and be able to provide information regarding training and development, recruitment, associate compensation and benefit plans. Provide feedback to process owners and specialists regarding customer perceptions and issues.
* Direct customers to utilize self-service options whenever possible.
* Establish customer contact process and protocol. Outlines expectations and methods for maintaining contact and providing visible support for generalist groups.
* Establish service protocol with HR Specialists to ensure responsibilities are understood and customer needs are met. ?Provide support in projects and assignments, as needed, to assure personnel policies, procedures, and programs are in line with local and industry best practices.
* Analyze trends and best practices in various functional areas within Human Resources and present findings.
* Facilitate completion of Performance Management process across all customer groups.
* Establish and facilitate Performance Management Review Board process.
* Develop and produce reports for management to assist in the growth, development and management of associates.
* Lead process improvement and waste reduction efforts in regards to Human Resources policies and procedures.
* Conduct research to determine effectiveness of HR programs and policies and prepares reports and recommendations based on findings.
* Advise associates and management on the interpretation of Human Resources policies, programs and procedures.
* Analyze and establishes processes and procedures regarding Human Resources policies, practices and procedures.
* Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
* Improves processes within sphere of control
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Education and Experience
BS degree in HR Management, Business, or a related field. Minimum of 4-7 years work experience with progressing responsibility in HR, preferably in a manufacturing organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ideal candidate will have good written and oral communication skills, good judgment, be very detail oriented, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.