Maintain stamping dies, molds, rolls, and all tooling needed for manufacturing. Keep shop clean and organized, clean tooling as directed. Perform tasks as directed by Supervisor, and Crew leader(s)
Major Areas of Responsibility/Tasks/Duties
* Operate shop equipment essential to job responsibilities.
* Make replacement tooling components as needed.
* Sharpen stamping dies.
* Assist production associates with all types of tooling problems or other departments.
* Maintain PM’s on department machines
* Expected to be actively involved in tool and die classes or machine trade related classes and training
* Able to work alone or as a productive team member to reach department goals.
* Assist shop supervision in the maintaining of a capable, clean, safe work environment, and will present a friendly and professional demeanor when dealing with production associates, staff and visitors.
* Be an active member of the department’s Best Experience / process improvement
High School Graduate.
* Graduate of a 2 year Machine Techniques course, or other related courses.
* Possess strong mechanical aptitude.
* Work well under pressure, and be able to prioritize multiple job assignments.
* Capable of communicating clearly with associates from all levels within the company.
* Ability to perform physical labor including: heavy lifting (75 lbs), bending, stooping twisting and other motions
* Complete a state indentured apprenticeship of 8320 hours or more
* Additional technical courses in fields of expertise may be needed to support process improvement