Responsible for planning, budgeting and directing the sales functions of the division’s commercial window treatment business, and for the sales and profitability of the contract business unit of SWF.
* Drives performance of sales team to exceed budgeted sales goals for the year (field sales, inside sales, inside sales support)
* Critical role in delivering division profitability goals for the year
- Negotiates pricing to win key projects and business in a profitable manner
- Works with marketing to establish customer segmentation policies and pricing levels. Enforces customer compliance within their category.
- Controls sales expenses for department 577
* Analyzes monthly department sales and margins, and takes corrective action when required.
* Travels with each commercial sales manager on a regular basis (2 to 3 times annually) to meet with key subcontractors and deliver key projects
* Uses market knowledge as input to help establish customer segmentation and pricing levels
* Responsible for customer acquisition / set-up as well as customer list management. Works closely with Director of Designer sales on dual account customers to maximize revenue / share of customer / profitability
* Leverages CRM system to drive alignment and focus within the sales team and across functional areas
* Utilizes the dashboard data and analytics in ProQuote to improve sales efficiency / effectiveness.
* Works directly with Sales leadership of MechoSystems division to deliver on Total Commercial Revenue (TCR) sales goals
- Drives high share of account at all joint dealers
- Shares information on accounts and projects via CRM
* Reviews the performance of each field sales manager to ensure that they meet their individual goals as well as contribute to team goals
* Key input on the development and production of commercial marketing material, advertising and promotion.
* Manages account list to ensure accounts meet minimum criteria for direct sales.
* Provides feedback to manufacturing and marketing on commercial product quality and service.
* Supports key business development products (new distribution channels, acquisitions, partnerships,…) as directed by VP Commercial and/or CEO.
Customer Service (10%)
* Meets annually with the division’s top 25 accounts.
* Works closely with contract customer service department to ensure continued high level of service.
* Resolves exceptional customer complaints in a timely manner.
* Owner of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Demand sales forecast for the commercial division. Recommends 24 month rolling sales and expense forecasts for the commercial window treatment sales team.
* Recommends the yearly sales, expense, performance and personal development goals for the contract field sales managers. Uses bridges and/or other financial tools to justify proposals.
* Recommends and quantifies product development projects to product management and assists in their development
* Recommends and quantifies marketing projects and sales tools to channel marketing and assists in their development
* Analyzes competitive pricing and product, and implements programs to grow the market share of SWF while ensuring profitable growth
* Key input into the business unit five year strategic plan.
* Owner for the vision of commercial sales team, resource quantities / locations / mix
* Develops and directs programs to provide the architectural and subcontractor communities with information on SWF product lines, processes, policies
* Is a member of Commercial Division Leadership Team and responsible for implementation of company VOA, VOC and VOP goals and processes.
Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work.
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams.
* Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control.
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department.
* Improves processes within sphere of control.
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve.
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management or Architecture
* 7-10 years experience in sales management in the interior products industry or in the commercial market.
* Preferred: College Degree in business related discipline. Ten years plus experience in commercial interior/furnishings product line sales. Management of company or independent field sales organization directed to the commercial market. LEED Certified preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of and experience in the specification of products sold for commercial installation.
* Understanding of CSI specification format and process for achieving specification of company product lines through architects.
* CSI certification a plus but not required.
* Strong selling skills
* Strong Leadership skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to oversee and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, strong in BEx interpersonal competencies
* Effectively work with multiple locations, functional areas and direct reports both onsite and in remote locations using both direct and indirect authority.