The primary roles of this position are twofold,
This position will lead customer training, merchandising, and relationship initiatives for both Retail and BB franchises. This includes all in-store associates, franchises, and merchant/account teams.
Regional Sales Manager (60%)
National Account Manager (40%)
1. Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of assigned accounts. This includes monitoring, measuring progress against he budget and achieving
budgeted profit objectives of the account.
2. Assess competitive price position, assuring we are competitively priced to maximize sales and profitability within account and account's
competitors and consistent with brand positioning.
3. Assist in managing account program costs (i.e. advertising, rebates, buyback and slotting allowance, etc.) to a minimum while maximizing
4. Responsible for minimizing returns and allowances of the account. These activities may include but are not limited to: training so orders are
received properly, eliminating pricing errors, and/or discrepancies in the accounts system, or SWF system.
5. Responsible for timelines of price increase implementation
6. Must have a complete and extensive knowledge of:
* Account's share by product type, product line and brand
* Assess share shifts by competitors, by product type within the account (and maintain database on this information).
* Current assortments in detail, pricing and competitive pricing
* Develop or use account's tools for evaluating productivity of the account's business, (i.e., SKU unit volume, profitability, sales per sq. ft.,
sales by linear foot, GMROI, inventory turns.)
* Competitive analysis, market analysis of trends, product, etc.
7. The account coordinators, not the product management group, should maintain plan-o-grams. Plan-o-grams should be catalogued by the
account organization and modifications should be recorded.
8. Provide detailed account plans, direction, and information for field sales support.
9. Support and develop relationships within accounts and cross-functionally at SWF (i.e., traffic, systems, credit, customer service, etc.)
10. Participate on cross-functional teams to accomplish sales and profit objectives.
11. Support achieving the "Best Experience" for your accounts, consumers, store associates and fellow associates.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in marketing or business.
Five plus years of professional sales experience is desired.
Five plus years of sales management experience is desired.
Experience should involve selling consumer products to major regional and/or national accounts.
Experience in window coverings is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Leadership and ability to motivate are essential skills required for successful performance. Other key skills include presentation, organization and planning, personal and organizational sensitivity, oral and written communication, initiative and decision making. Position requires overnight travel (40-50 percent).