The primary role of the Sr. Retail Project Manager is to manage the coordination of account program executions, initiatives, projects and process activities to meet sales and marketing objectives for multiple Retail and Internet accounts. Manages the coordination of projects as well as assigning work and prioritizing projects across the team. Will work across the organization and implement projects through Middleton and/or retail field sales. The Senior Retail Project Manager will have will have 6-8 direct reports.
* Develop new processes and use established processes to coordinate account program executions, including product introductions and changes, program updates and product line expansions. Specific responsibilities include forming and leading multidisciplinary teams, presenting to the CPC, setting program timetables to accomplish objectives, monitoring team progress vs. objectives/timetable and taking appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
* Coordinate account specific initiatives and ongoing programs and projects. Examples include P-K training initiatives, product promotions, and other training and special initiatives.
* Facilitate communication between national account management, merchandising, marketing, customer service, and field sales and service. Forward appropriate communication, review communication for content and effectiveness and follow up to ensure timely response to inquiries/problems.
* Work with national account management, marketing, merchandising and other functions to prepare and update training programs and materials for field sales representatives.
* Develop and coordinate programs and processes to resolve issues and/or continuously improve business unit operation.
* Responsible for training, managing and motivating assigned direct reports
* Standardize retail sales programs and processes to improve efficiencies and business unit operating results
* Assist direct reports as needed, e.g., periods of heavy activity, vacations, etc.
* Lead and develop relationships within accounts and cross-functionally at SWF (i.e., traffic, systems, credit, customer service etc.)
* Lead to achieve the “Best Experience” for your accounts, consumers, store associates, and fellow associates.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in marketing or business. Five to seven years of project management experience is required. Experience should involve managing cross-functional projects. Some experience in retail sales a plus. Prior management experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Human Relations: Should be outgoing and pleasant, aggressive and persistent, yet tactful. Should be a good listener and able to convey concern, interest and thoughtfulness. Must be proactive and responsive
* Analytical: Should be a fact-based decision maker and have a good analytical, problem-solving approach with ability to analyze customers’ individual needs. Strong understanding of financials.
* Conceptual: Must be imaginative and able to manage and coordinate projects to meet the business needs.
* Project management experience with excellent organization and planning.
* Must be able to quickly analyze information and make decisions.
* Attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. With a high sensitivity and oral and written communication.
* Able to drive projects through the organization using personal initiative and flexibility.