Job Purpose: This position reporting to the plant manager, provide leadership organization’s performance-excellence, VOC, and process improvement efforts using quality management principles and lean techniques. Key functions include: Provide leadership and direction for quality to all associates. Ensure the development and implementation of effective quality plans and process control plans for both internal and external processes. Supports product engineering in new-product development projects. Support the organizational needs and values required to achieve Best Experience (VOC, VOA and VOP). Oversee and develops the facility quality processes and procedures and ensure they are used effectively. Member of the plant leadership team.
- Deploy Quality Tools
- Represent the VOC in the facility an holds all associates to determined standards of excellence.
- DMAIC methodology (define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
- Teach the Q@S methodology and application to the facility
- Data mining, root cause analysis and process changes
- Reliability/repeatability (Gage R & R) and measurement system analysis
- Lead Black Belt Projects and key process improvement teams
- Develop Green Belts and teach and coach tool use to all associates and assure application on in the production setting
- Develop & implement process auditing / measurement systems for internal / external processes
- Build prevention into development of new products / processes using Quality Engineering concepts
- Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams.
- Check satisfaction of internal/external customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
- Enable and support the Total Training Plan, work instructions and procedure creation and control, and Teaming Systems in the facility
- Audit work instructions and plant procedures for effectiveness and accurate use
- Audit products to ensure customer expectations are met
- Kaizens – lead and participate in kaizens
- Deploy lean tools and techniques to solve production issues
- Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
- Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams on both quality and process improvements
- Support and track step 6 and 7’s from team process improvements as part of the 7 step process
- Ensures that Engineering changes and capital improvements meet timelines and desired outcomes and those processes are capable
- Engages in resolving customer remake and listening post concerns.
- Using above process and quality acumen resolves issues and creates sustainable solutions.
- Follows up with internal and external customers to ensure resolution is effective
Cesta Global Quality Support
- Material Reject Process
- Procedure Documentation
- System Audits
- Training of Key Quality Initiatives
- Quality at The source
- Quality Planning
- Procedures Control Plans
Scope of Responsibility:
- Establishing key quality characteristics that assure value stream is effective.
- Participates in corporate Product line teams and global SWF quality system teams to ensure plant compliance
- Be a corporate resource to CS, Product engineering, others to resolve individual quality issues on a per customer basis
- Work with suppliers and inventory control to improve critical to quality needs and define root causes issues and drive resolution.
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in technical discipline;
- 2-3 years relevant work experience, 1 years of Quality Leadership at a Plant Level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead through teams as well as be effective team members of a facility management team.
- Knowledge of the application of statistical tools for problem solving, process measurement, process control, and process improvement. For example: SPC, Design of Experiment, Process Capability, and Gage R&R).
- Working knowledge of Minitab statistical software (or similar) and adept with Microsoft Office products (including MS-Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Project Manager).
- Experience in quality management systems and Total Quality Management concepts.
- Able to learn SWF tools of VOC. Listing post, Frontier, Remake Database, and Audit Database.
- Must be able to plan and direct own work with minimal direction from the others.
- Lean Manufacturing tools including demonstrated proficiency in the basic 25 tools of lean.