Purchase commodities for direct material in support of Springs Window Fashions operations, at the most competitive cost, best possible quality and most-timely delivery. Reports into the Global Commodity Manager, and will support the execution of sourcing initiatives for an annual spend of more than $100M. Locate, establish, and maintain relationships of the highest degree of integrity with all suppliers. Secure on-time delivery of all products. Negotiate and reconfirm terms & conditions; including warranty, price, discount, warehousing, and delivery. Drive the best global supply of commodities; including identifying opportunities, utilizing cross-functional resources to implement projects through six sigma rigor, and speed in execution. Use e-commerce tools to execute auctions and expedite project implementation. Participate in team activities on a strategic level in finding global opportunities, qualifying new sources, creating strategic supplier relationships, and improving sourcing processes.
- Assist with and on some levels lead the development of commercial agreements or spot purchases required to support business partners and manufacturing sites.
- Assist with and on some levels lead the development of strategic sourcing strategies and plans.
- Ensure that negotiated agreements are implemented, and terms and conditions are being met.
- Aggressively pursue and create competitive purchase environment by constantly seeking alternate supply scenarios.
- Define and develop appropriate cross-functional relationships with the Business's Supply Chain, and other functions.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with the appropriate management of key suppliers.
- Develop Low Cost Country sourcing opportunities.
- Resolve process or supplier related issues as escalated from the Businesses where the tactical teams need support.
- Maintain knowledge of suppliers and relevant market developments such as Mergers & Acquisitions, financial status, and changes in key personnel.
- Responsible for the execution of commodity strategy projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Accountability to provide analytical support in commercial negotiations and supplier selections within assigned commodities.
- Support cross-business synergy efforts for assigned projects.
- Supports a pipeline of cost savings projects for sustainable year over year productivity, or cost down. Critical Success Factors
- Participate and coordinate sourcing activities in design changes (ECN) and New Product Development (NPD)
- Work with Engineering, Quality and testing to prioritize sourcing activities
- Recruit, maintain and manage world-class suppliers with focus on total cost of ownership improvements while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Proactively and routinely drives spend analysis activities identifying strategic sourcing opportunities within assigned commodities and throughout the supply chain environment where applicable
- Reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, terms/conditions, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future industry trends in pricing and availability that will impact the business
- Effective technical and analytical skills
- Initiative to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
- Utilization of data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities.
- Challenge status quo through managed approach and sophistication.
- Initiative to seek professional development, continuous learning