Springs Window Fashions, the second largest manufacturer and marketer of window coverings in North America, is seeking an Administrative Assistant II to support members of our Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The role will allow the ideal candidate to be immersed in many areas of the company to allow for fulfilling role with much variety. The position will support at least 3 SLT members with daily business needs including calendaring, travel planning, meeting coordination and more.
* Talents would include a well-rounded professional with high communication and organization skills with a take charge attitude and a reasonably flexible schedule.
* This position is responsible for providing support and project management for the Senior Leadership team (SLT). Routinely exposed to and handles confidential, sensitive information
* Regarding business plans, personnel matters, etc. Independently prioritizes, takes action, and/or redirects requests as appropriate
* Lead or participate on multiple projects/assignments for the entire scope of the assigned projects. Will require working with other cross-functional team members to ensure timely completion.
* Contribute ideas and strategies for process improvements that will create a Best Experience for internal and external customers
* Perform high-level support activities across department/division/function for specific assignments. Exercise initiative and creativity in proactively seeking solutions to issues.
* Partner with SLT members to understand work style and business demands. Maintain his/her schedule/calendar to maximize efficiency. Decide on necessity, timing and length of appointments requested by others. Resolve scheduling discrepancies.
* Manages Senior Leadership Team (SLT) calendars and division calendars, including the mapping of strategic initiatives, and tracking progress of strategic initiative actions for SLT.
* Manages the calendar for the designated SLT member(s). Schedules meetings, sets up equipment, and works with outside meeting vendors as necessary to assure well-run meetings both on-site and off-site.
* Schedules outside and in-house meetings and coordinates all details as necessary (date/time/location, attendees, catering, and equipment). Must keep extremely detailed itinerary/schedule for SLT member(s). Coordinates travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, rental cars) through Corporate Travel. Includes obtaining quotes, making reservations, putting reservations on hold and confirming and assuring all details are handled appropriately.
* Opens and screens all correspondence for designated SLT member(s), redirects correspondence to others in the organization, as appropriate. Answers inquiries whenever possible, using his/her knowledge of the organization, policies, etc. When possible, drafts responses independently action on behalf of SLT member, keeping him/her informed as appropriate. Redirects messages to others in the organization as appropriate. Performs miscellaneous secretarial duties (i.e. typing, filing, photocopying, faxing).
* Prepares all correspondence, reports, presentations, reviews and confidential information for assigned SLT member.
* Creates presentations, spreadsheets, and/or other documents at the direction of the SLT member(s).
* Gathers and assembles reports for Business Review.
* Coordinates various projects.
* Creates expense reports for SLT members.
* Responsible for approval of check requests, invoices, purchase orders and expense reports.
* Assists customers, vendors, and other business representatives visiting designated SLT member. Makes lunch and dinner arrangements accordingly.
* Maintains the filing system for the SLT member(s).
* Provides back-up support for other division SLT members and managers with administrative assistance as time allows.
* Provides backup to receptionist for breaks and lunch when required.
Education and Experience
* Associate Degree in Business
* Minimum of 2-3 years work experience.
* Preference given to candidates with project management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong problem solving, scheduling, public relations, organization, typing, and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to work with associates at all levels within the company, good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
* Ability to work well under pressure. Attention to detail is essential.
* Must possess highly developed software skills; proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, plus email calendaring and applications.