This position will focus on growing existing business and expanding the number of customers to which the products are sold, in a number of online retailers Have direct account responsibility in making presentations, exhibiting at trade shows and calling on online retailers. Success will be measured on business segment P&L as well as yr/yr profitable growth.
* Manage existing online retailer accounts including Amazon
* Qualify new account leads
* Manage the design, preparation and delivery for sales pitches and/or trade shows
* Prepare pricing and profitability analysis for potential customers.
* Compile and report on competitor and market information for new customers.
* Prepare competitive product analysis for prospective customers.
* Host new and potential customer visits.
* Coordinate with Merchandising and Product Management Departments on Products and Programs:
* Provide input on unique product attributes for special international requirements
* Prepare Quotations on new programs.
* Analyze buying trends to suggest reorders or line extensions.
* Oversee the processing of customer complaints and coordinate the investigation with credit, production, quality and logistics departments relative to their involvement, report results to the customer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Self starter that has been working for/with an experienced sales manager for the past 5+ years learning the business or candidate with 3 years experience in the sales manager role.
* Must have demonstrated success working with online retailers, cold calling, closing deals, working with few resources (aka: sample book and price chart).
* In addition to understanding and being successful with sales and the sales process, must also understand and consider impact of duties, freight and other logistics. Team with other SWF team members and utilize internal expertise on these topics when developing quotes to create profitable P&L. Must understand cost, margin, and sales.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and document strategies for different countries and customers based on business facts and documented assumptions.
* Fact based decision maker.