The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for all supply, inventory and Supply Chain Activities around their assigned facility for SIWF. This individual will work closely with the plant, product and demand teams to ensure alignment on daily activities and lead initiatives to support the business goals.
The Supply Chain Planner will serve as the operations lead for the platform teams. This will include primary accountability for decisions concerning inventory, capacity, production control and logistics at their respective facility.
The Supply Chain Planner will have a direct reporting relationship with the materials management team at their facility. They will need to be able to coach and develop the local buyers, master schedulers and warehouse personnel to accomplish SWF’s financial and service goals.
* Manage inventory levels across entire network to optimize capital investment with on time service
* Develop capacity plans with local schedulers that optimize on time service and productivity
* Work with local schedulers to develop capacity plans that optimize on time service and productivity
* Establish appropriate safety stock levels and inventory targets for raw materials and sub-assemblies and monitor actual performance against those targets in cooperation with demand management and vendors
* Work with schedulers at their plants to develop both near and long-term productions plans for all products under their respective responsibility
* Develop and monitor Schedule Adherence and Schedule Validity metrics; Develop remediation plans when metrics start to deviate from goals
* Lead joint planning activities with production schedulers to understand plant capacity and downtime and potential schedule variances; Develop remediation plans when capacity requirements start to deviate from plan
* Work with product management on new product development activities as related to the supply chain
* Create local logistics budgets and ensure that we’re minimizing warehousing and transportation spend while maximizing service
* Collaborate with demand management to measure and improve forecast accuracy where ever possible
* Partner with procurement to work on supplier development with strategic vendors
* Identify areas for continuous improvement within the integrated supply chain
QUALITY (100%) – Integrated into all aspects of the job duties
* Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology on teams and in daily individual work
* Defines, documents and improves processes within sphere of control.
* Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
* Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
* Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
* Looks for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders
* Establishes forums to share best practices
* Uses dept and company scorecard and other metrics
* Measures own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level
* Bachelor's Degree level education in General Business, Supply Chain, or related field.
* 2-3 years of experience in a Supply Chain function that includes demand, supply and inventory planning.
* Regional planning with exposure to global initiatives a definite asset.
* Demonstrated success in the supply chain function
* Able to work with all functions in a team environment either as a team participant or team leader.
* Strong facilitation, influencing and team-building skills
* Demonstrated leadership skill