Fabricate new and replacement parts for manufacturing equipment.
Perform troubleshooting and repair of molds. 35%
• Troubleshoot and diagnose problems through direct evaluation and information obtained from other sources.
• Work closely with manufacturing departments on molds and process to meet manufacturing demands.
• Assist in work order quotations from vendors.
• Tear down/repair mold related manufacturing equipment if necessary.
• Clean parts using solvents or fluids.
• Measure parts for excessive wear; maintain tolerance levels to tool and product design.
• Capable of reading CAD drawings to determine tolerance levels of tool and product design.
• Fabricate replacement part(s) using all shop equipment (surface grinders, lathes, milling machines, etc).
• Replace broken part(s).
• Reassemble manufacturing equipment.
• Test reassembled manufacturing equipment for quality and safety before returning to floor.
• Complete necessary paperwork to close out work order.
• Perform assigned Preventative maintenance work orders.
Build new parts. 50%
• Develop ways to automate processes to reduce labor and cost.
• Meet with engineers to discuss part or mold specifications.
• Design parts using SolidWorks.
• Build new parts per design specifications.
• Fabricates parts.
• Assemble new molds.
• Test molds to specification and safety guidelines before releasing to floor.
Lead projects. 10%
• Serve as liaison with engineering on special projects.
• Design, develop, prototype and implement new molds.
• Design additional safety and ergonomic enhancements to equipment.
• Draw prints using SolidWorks.
• Verify fit, alignment and clearance in CAD.
• Determine proper materials to use based on parts volume needed, expected life of mold and component.
• Work with outside vendors as needed.
• Travel to locations to assist in installation/training as needed.
Maintain work environment. 5%
• Attend regular stretching, daily huddle, Quality at the Source (Q@S), and safety meetings.
• Maintain work environment in a need and orderly manner.
• Follow approved safety procedures.
• Report unsafe work conditions to supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Minimum Education Required: Associate Degree from Technical School or equivalent
Minimum Job-Related Experience Required: 10 years proven Journeyman/Tradesman experience in specified fields or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: