Applies principles of accounting to contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. Contributes to the development and standardization of policies and procedures. Utilizes strong accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success and deep involvement in operations of the business. Is a key member of the team that is responsible for the month end close. Personally responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of the financial staments that are delivered to upper management. Oversees the accounts payable function to ensure that invoices are recorded and payments are processed within the company’s policies and procedural guidelines.
* Financial reporting
* Assists the Accounting Manager and Controller with monthly closing in preparation of internal financial statements by gathering, reviewing and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
* Prepare financial statements (P&L, Margin Report, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow)
* Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
* Perform general ledger account reconciliations and bank account reconciliations.
* Provide information in the annual audit.
* General Accounting
* Apply discounts in the system to be reflected on customers’ orders.
* Prepare sample book refund report for dealers that meet the sales requirement.
* Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
* Manage petty cash account.
* Performs cross-functional disciplines within the accounting area which would include
* Credit application review and approval
* Cash application for incoming receipts
* Prepare cash reports
* Processes invoices for payment
* Issues checks on a weekly basis
* Wire transfers
* Internal Controls and Compliance
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and implementing changes.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Skills and Abilities Required:
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Solid computer skills and the ability to operate a ten-key calculator.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Excel, Word & Power Point
* Organizational and Supervisory skills
* Problem analysis and problem solving skills
* High energy and ability to manage time and effort for maximum results
* Team player
Education and Experience Required:
* A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum of 3 years in a general accounting role
* Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
* Supervisory experience