The primary responsibilities of this position are to successfully integrate national retailing programs into the territory, to promote and train on the sale of Graber, Bali, Signature Series, and Springs branded products, to achieve maximum market penetration and build brand reputation, and to attain short- and long-range objectives for retail sales growth.
* Typical territory sales are between $1 million and $4 million, and are generated through national and regional accounts with numerous store/franchise locations.
* The FSR will spend approximately 70% of their time in stores training and selling the retail store associates on the brands we sell. This includes:
* It is extremely important that the FSR develop close professional relationships with departmental associates, store managers, department managers, franchise owners, and assistant managers in order to maximize sales of Springs products. The FSR must help foster Bex for store associates and their peers.
* The FSR will work with Springs National Account Managers to plan and coordinate training events, new store openings, sales promotions, assortment changes, display changes, etc. He or she will conduct product knowledge and selling classes of up to 50 people in many of these types of events.
* The FSR will also be responsible for the integrity of displays. He/she will regularly install new displays and update existing displays with new products or new hardware as required, clean/tidy displays as necessary and update pricing and sample books.
* The FSR will spend some time planning for new store openings, in close coordination with his/her Regional Manager and appropriate personnel from the retail chain. He or she will help set up new stores, and will often attend grand openings or other special events planned for individual stores. These events often will occur on weekends.
* The FSR keeps the Regional Sales Manager informed of his or her activities via standard communication processes. He or she will work closely with their respective Manager to determine the most effective store-call schedule. The FSR’s key objective is to schedule their day in order to maximize their customer relationships and to maximize sales.
* Sales Reps may be asked to assist in training new Sales Representatives in other territories.
Schedule: This position will work 20+ Saturdays each year.
Most incumbents will be required to drive for extended periods of time, and may drive between 15,000 and 40,000 annually. Overnight travel may be required (between 2 and 15 days a month, depending on the territory)
Education and Experience:
* A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is strongly preferred
* Candidates should have experience in retail sales
* Window coverings experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Training/Presentation Skills
* Customer Service Skills
* Training / Selling Skills
* Physical Requirements