The training manager will be responsible for ensuring that all sales professionals have thorough knowledge of the product, can effectively use closing skills, overcome objections, and use consultative selling techniques. The trainer will be considered a resource for the entire Professional Division Sales Staff, as well as Dealers and Decorators within the Designer Division. The sales trainer will conduct ongoing training for all skill levels, with a heavy emphasis on product differentiation training.
The primary responsibility of this position is to successfully train all Graber Direct Sales Reps on effective sales techniques in order to promote the sale of Graber products, to achieve maximum market penetration, and to attain short and long range objectives for the Professional Division sales growth.
Specific duties include:
* Plan, conduct, coordinate and implement a comprehensive training program for the sales staff. The training components will be geared primarily toward new hires, existing sales staff and sales professionals who seek one-on-one assistance. Certain training components will also be delivered to Springs Window Fashions dealer partners.
* Develop various training presentations and content to be used on the Springs Window Fashions Learning Management System (LMS) or via a Powerpoint presentation.
* Deliver presentations via webinars or in-person training events.
* Tailors training programs to meet the needs of specific customers/sales associates.
* Works with Product Managers and Engineers to understand product differentiators relative to competition.
* Works with Channel Managers to develop creative ways to demonstrate key product differentiators.
* Works with Copy Writer to develop scripts for LMS or video content.
* Works with Integrated Marketing department to develop and package training materials such as presentations, invitations to seminars, ads in trade publications, agendas and evaluation sheets.
* Represents the division when asked to speak at regional shows or conventions.
* Acts as a conduit between customers and the Marketing Department. Brings back suggestions on product assortments, design, colors, fabrics, installation techniques or issues, mechanical features, etc. Also reports suggestions to improve sales tools used by decorators and designers.
* Evaluates the results of training vs. performance objectives. Considers customer feedback and tracking systems employed by sales and marketing.
* Develops and manages the 15 month rolling training budget.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum - Bachelors Degree in Education, Business or related field is required
* At least five years of training/teaching and presentation experience is also required
* Proven track record of developing and conducting training programs in a business environment.
* Preferred - Experience training, servicing or selling window coverings or other decor products is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* The sales trainer should have excellent presentation skills, as well as the ability to motivate, teach and inspire the sales staff.
* Must have experience in developing fact-based selling presentations and in facilitating role playing and other types of participatory techniques.