Perform maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment. Fabricates new and replacement parts for manufacturing equipment.
Perform troubleshooting and repair of machines.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problem through direct evaluation and information obtained from other sources.
- Determine if safety issue exists; if so, follow lock out/tag out procedures.
- Assess need for replacement part(s).
- Obtain spare part through stock, use of equipment manual or Internet.
- Perform repairs to machine, including plumbing, electrical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic repairs.
- Perform basic facility repairs.
Build new parts and dies.
- May use AutoCAD to design parts and dies.
- Build new parts and dies per design specifications.
- Fabricates parts.
- Test dies for quality and safety before releasing to floor.
Miscellaneous machine maintenance/utility.
- Assist in the fabrication of new machines.
- May make own machine parts.
- Perform basic stick and wire feed welding.
- Move equipment – internal and external. Equipment may be moved as a whole or disassembled, moved and reassembled.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
Tear down/repair tooling.
- Disassemble tooling.
- Clean parts using solvents or fluids.
- Measure parts for excessive wear; maintain tolerance levels to tool design.
- Reads AutoCAD drawings to determine tolerance levels to tool design.
- Fabricate replacement part using manual machines (surface grinders, lathes, milling machines, etc.)
- Replace broken part(s).
- Grind worn parts and shim accordingly.
- Reassemble tooling.
- Test reassembled manufacturing equipment for quality and safety before returning to floor.
- Assist with setup in manufacturing operations like press room, injection molding, etc.
Maintain work environment.
- Attend regular stretching, daily huddle, Quality at the Source (Q@S), and safety meetings.
- Maintain work environment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Follow approved safety procedures.
- Report unsafe work conditions to supervisor.
- Must be willing to travel to other facilities to assist with whatever is needed.
- Perform other related work, as needed.