Responsible for creating, supporting, and developing new and existing process designs related to manufacturing and fabrication processes. This is successfully accomplished by understanding, accurately specifying, and adhering to customer requirements, utilizing and applying quality tools and methods and pursuing continuous improvement in all aspects of product and process design. These efforts will have a direct impact on reducing labor and material costs, while improving value, reliability, and performance. The associate will plan and manage process and product related design and validation activities. This position reports to the Senior Manufacturing Manager.
* Methods Improvement 35%
* Problem Solving and Quality Improvement 30%
* Product and Process Specifications 10%
* New Product Introduction 10%
* Production Layout 10%
* Administration and Other 5%
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree required
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
* Preferred - Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering with strong industrial experience as a Process Engineer;
* Preferred - 7+ years of practical manufacturing and engineering experience in designing and improving manufacturing processes.
* Injection molding experience required
* Capital project management experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must be flexible with job assignments, able to work independently and well with others (team environment).
* Must be organized, methodical, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work to an established timeline.
* Position takes direction from Senior Manufacturing Manager.
* Must manage multiple medium or large scope projects
* Must communicate well and properly document results of test procedures, and gain knowledge of SWF 6S Program.
* Data collection and management of database.
* Technical writing skills for memos, lab reports, and project updates.
* Strong general math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages, fractions, metric conversions, algebra, and geometry)
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good analytical and problem solving skills including statistical analysis.
* Good communication skills (verbal, written)
* Technical Writing
* General computer skills Excel, MS Word, Lotus Notes, MS Project and Access
* Preparing Samples for Testing and Analysis
* Familiarity with Springs products and processes
* In depth knowledge of various manufacturing processes
* Manage work according to established project timelines.
* Knowledge and application of engineering principles.
* Strong software skills in spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software, and CAD.
* Mechanical aptitude and dexterity is required to work around machines safely and effectively.
* Creativity is required to develop new processes and solutions in a timely fashion.
* Must be experienced with continuous improvement methodologies such as Toyota Production System (TPS), Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma.