MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of project/contract management & technical details between national & international dealer network and the factory from initial project design through final release to manufacturing & field/phone support at final installation.
- Coordinate all aspect of “Special Orders”, contract management, and technical details between national dealer network and the factory.
- Technical review of projects for mechanical, electrical, structural and solar irradiation control compliance, shop drawing response and fabrication.
- Maintain master file and manage all phases of multiple releases
- Define bill of materials, process material requisitions and follow through on delivery of materials and completion of shop orders to meet project schedules.
- Requisition of fabric and materials in order to assure efficient fabrication and assembly of the product and on time product delivery
- Review field dimensions to minimize fabric waste and increase throughput.
- Look for Cost Reduction opportunities (extrusions, fabric, hardware, etc.).
- Review control intent and design for ElectroShade orders.
- Liaison with mechanical & electrical engineering, CAD, production, order entry and accounts receivable departments to ensure accurate, timely and budgeted project completion and billing.
- Provide technical support for MechoShade staff, dealer network, architects, general contractors and third parties.
- Conduct technical training as needed for Estimating, Customer Service, and other co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Project Director.