Primary responsibilities include supervision of persons involved in the external reporting function of the general accounting group. The incumbent will be responsible for the integrity of the data and reports generated. The incumbent directly controls the month-end financial processes for his/her group and also assists with financial reporting and budget analysis. The incumbent will have an integral role in working across other functions outside of the company as well as within the company,including but not limited to external auditors, senior leadership team, and board report preparation.
- Primary contact for external audit process ensuring all schedules are completed and timelines are met.
- Responsible for preparing GAAP financial statements; including quarterly unaudited statement and the year-end statements with footnotes.
- Responsible for preparing various slide decks for communication with management to the Board, the Bank Group and the Audit Committee.
- Responsible for overseeing the completion of government surveys and census filings.
- Ensure adequate controls exist and are followed to ensure integrity of accounting records for the company.
- Ensure proper accounting treatment of transactions and financial statement presentation in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with month-end financial reporting review, including analytics and business review submissions.
- Preparing and reviewing appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations; resolve reconciling items on a timely basis to limit unnecessary P&L exposure.
- Facilitate tracking system to ensure reconciliations are completed and reviewed timely.
- Implement process and procedure documentation requirements for your team. Examples include desk level procedures.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly reserve review meetings.
- Oversee policy and procedure documentation for key reserves and other financial processes.
- Provide leadership/supervision for appropriate team members. Prioritize workload to ensure deadlines required by the business management are satisfied.
- Highlight areas of concern with appropriate individuals in management and work with the appropriate personnel to implement solutions.
- Special projects as assigned.