Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Leads and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in-line with company strategy.
35% Direct business to achieve or exceed business objectives
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Provide feedback and advice to Customer Service, Operations, manufacturing and accounting in the spirit of continuous improvement toward customer satisfaction.
- Direct prospecting activities in each territory. This includes executing on cold call requirements / campaigns, new customer acquisition strategies, etc.
- Prepare sales budgets and approve sales budget expenditures.
25% Manage and develop associates to create a Best Experience.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development and performance of 8-17 sales Territory Managers. Give guidance to their activities and direct their actions for the best possible market/customer coverage.
- Ensure that all Territory Managers meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations and sales closes.
- Conduct regular coaching and performance evaluation with Territory Managers to build motivation and selling skills.
30% Stay current on industry trends and information.
- Monitor industry trends and customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Be well informed about current industry trends and be able to talk intelligently and articulately about the window covering industry as a whole with particular emphasis on growth.
- Maintain complete knowledge of competitive programs including product pricing and how it compares to the corporate program.
10% Manage and monitor business
- Monitor activities to insure that actions are within the established scope of their job description and responsibilities and initiate disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Prepare monthly business review summaries
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.