To support creative strategy and design / visual standards to develop superior creative work across all department deliverables.
Create visual designs from concept to completion that inspire, inform, or captivate customers and consumers. Develop the overall layout and production design for projects which may include sampling materials, advertisements, brochures, sales tools, website updates, digital banners and promos, packaging and signage.
Manage (plan and implement) design and visual standards for assigned product line under the direction of the Integrated Marketing leadership to develop superior creative work. Also, to improve the processes for design and integrated marketing, procedures and training.
Designs and provides leadership for the creative development of individual projects (65%)
- Addresses both the general brand standards and the specific requirements of the project to design timely, cost appropriate and effective marketing vehicles through the correct usage of typography, photography, illustration and printing techniques as well as usability and SEO techniques for electronic projects
- Coordinates with channel marketing and the ACM to insure the priority and timeliness of all projects
- Collaborates with the Production Manager in developing production specifications to support design of projects. Understands and communicates the production requirements of all projects when handing them off to production/purchasing staff. This includes paper and printing requirements, costs, file preparation, and color separation
- Works closely with channel marketing managers and integrated marketing managers to support creative strategy and key messaging to be communicated in work
- Uses correct and industry acceptable technical processes to develop projects
- Conducts creative reviews on appropriate assigned projects
- Provides primary communication point for assigned projects
- Meets directly with project initiators
- Attends meetings for creative development and design input or presentations
- Reports on project status as well as issues and implications to other areas
Supports overall visual brand standard requirements (10%)
- Working with the Associate Creative Manager, supports, communicates and maintains documentation of all graphic standards and design principles for assigned brands
- On individual projects, art directs and proofs projects to assure consistent and correct usage of all graphic and photographic standards
- Sets competitive benchmarking as input for development of brand standard requirements
Planning/Analysis/Strategy Development (10%)
- Participates in department planning, identifying top level improvement priorities and supporting projects as well as contributing to achievement of key performance indicators