Ideal candidates will be located in Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, Philadelphia, PA or another major metro area within the territory. The territory includes Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia.
Develop strategy to grow profitable sales through commercial sub contractor (dealer) base in a multi state territory with sales of $8-$13M. Directly responsible for developing relationships with senior level management at commercial owners/developers, and architectural firms, influencing major project specifications. Responsible for tracking projects through the convoluted spec/bid/award process - calling on the relevant decision makers, strategizing with commercial dealers, and acting as Project Manager on customized or ETO projects. Responsible to manage, train, and expand dealer base.
70% Sales growth.
- Develop territory strategy in line with overall Contract business unit objectives.
- Identify top twenty dealers with growth opportunity.
- Identify top twenty A&D firms, developing strategy to penetrate account at senior management level.
- Develop quarterly travel schedule to maximize coverage of corporate end users, developers, facility managers and key A&D firms.
- Track major projects from specification through document, bid/award, and installation.
- Act as Project Manager for key major projects, coordinating with Technical Support, Customer Service, Credit, and the designated dealer.
- Order/coordinate project specific samples, mock up blinds, and CAD drawings.
- Work with Director of Sales on project specific opportunities requiring special pricing and/or resources.
- Recommend new distribution and supply account profile to be reviewed by Director.
- Develop/train dealers on new product updates through approved Power Point presentations.
- Work with Inside Sales on growth opportunities and project bids in secondary markets.
- Communicate competitive pricing and sales tactics.
10% Customer Service.
- Work with Customer Service to identify major projects needing specific handling, special requirements, sampling, or tracking.
- Identify major projects that will require a ramp up in specific inventory or manufacturing.
- Work with Customer Service and/or Technical Support to resolve any product issues and credits.
- Enter external CS issues on the Listening Post.
10% Coordination with Inside Sales
- Review secondary accounts and growth opportunities.
- Identify growth markets and recommend new dealers in weak markets.
- Strategize on projects bidding across multiple markets and dealer classifications.
- Coordinate A&D needs within Inside Sales territory.
10% Project/customer specific sampling requests and reporting.
- Order and/or coordinate project specific sampling requests, including Binders, sample decks, sample blinds or shades, fabric swatches, and custom mock up blinds. Orders placed through sample process.
- Monthly reports
- Sales, Major Project tracking, Calendar, Binder Placement, T&E Tracking, and weekly Expense Reports.
Scope of Responsibility
- Responsible for multi-state territory (6-8 states) with commercial sales of $8-$13M.
- Authority to identify and approve new distribution and account credits. (Director to review new accounts)
- Collaborate with Contract Inside Sales Representative, coordinating strategies for major projects bidding across multiple territories and dealer classifications.
- Responsible for approved multi state traveling and T&E budget tracking.