MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. MechoSystems was acquired by Springs Window Fashions in 2015. The acquisition combines the complementary strengths of two leading companies in the commercial and consumer window coverings industry. This new partnership will enable Springs and MechoSystems to provide more complete and better solutions to their customers so they can meet the market’s ever changing and challenging requirements. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Mexico and the U.K. (Reynosa, Mexico, Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
There is now an excellent opportunity for an accomplished salesperson within our Colorado area. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Representative to cultivate strategic relationships with MEP, architectural, interior, lighting design, and energy consulting firms whom through consultative sales shall support these practices and further develop specifications for MechoSystems window-covering hardware, lighting control, and shade-automation control-system products.
* Drive sales and increase market share to meet the plan objectives for the territory, and corporate growth.
* Develop sales by managing key dealer accounts.
* Grow with a developing team of sales representatives to meet the objectives of our strategic market plan.
* Generate new accounts and drive incremental sales at existing accounts and projects.
* Work with MEP engineers, architects, energy and lighting designers, providing specification on building projects.
* Manage yourself to grow with a team of colleagues in meeting the corporate objectives of MechoSystems’ strategic plan.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree; concentration in engineering, architectural, or construction management is a PLUS.
* 3-5 years of lighting/Window coverings experience preferred.
* Experience with architectural sales, account management, and project management.
* Experience working with contractors and subcontractors
* Experience and interest in sustainable design and energy efficiency (LEED Credentials a plus).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*Ability to read architectural and electrical drawings.
* Familiarity with architectural design and project-management processes.
* A highly energetic, motivated person with a demonstrated ability to complete complex tasks and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines.
* Computer literacy, including the ability to work with spreadsheets and learn basic programming with our equipment.
* Aptitude to learn the company’s channels, influencers, go-to market strategies, products and total energy solutions.
* Technical aptitude understanding complex building and energy systems.
* Proven success working with clients in architectural, engineering, or construction firms. Proven ability to open new accounts and drive specifications with influencers and decision-makers.
* Demonstrated ability to build new relationships and maintain strong customer relationships.
* Must possess market credibility and be customer-focused, passionate, dynamic, market-savvy, and ethical.