Oversees bi-weekly global payroll processing for 2300+ associates across multiple pay groups. Also responsible for processing special payrolls. Facilitates (HR, supervisors/managers, IT) set up, troubleshooting and maintenance of Time and Labor attendance reporting. To that end, the position must be knowledgeable of all pay practices (internal, Federal and multiple states), and have intimate knowledge of ADP systems. Prepares payment and filing of all local, state and federal tax returns. Reconciles payroll related journal entries and account information to General Ledger. Leads one to two associates.
- 20% Creates, edits and validates quarter-to-date and year-to-date balancing for all pay groups. Assures accuracy of W-2's.
- 20% Oversees accurate and timely payroll processing. Is key contact for corporate regarding all payroll processing, including hourly, exempt, special payrolls, all setup and adjustments. Has oversight responsibility for running the hourly payroll, and serves as back up. Coordinates all payroll processing and problems with IT, branches, coworkers, subsidiaries and Springs as a whole.
- 10% Prepares returns and pays local, state, and federal tax returns. These returns are filed monthly, quarterly, and annually. Knowledge of tax laws and reporting requirements is necessary to ensure accuracy of individual withholdings and accuracy of returns filed.
- 15% Reconciles payroll related journal entries and account information to General Ledger. Validates system-generated journal entries. Prepares payroll-related journal entries for ADP draws and various adjustments. Reconciles income tax withholding, and oversees 401(k), after tax withholding, and all other Payroll balance sheet accounts.
- 10% Systems administrator for the Time and Labor Management and attendance application.
- Must work with Human Resources to accommodate policy changes as relates to payroll and ADP.
- Is responsible for making all system changes to and testing of ADP for all policy changes.
- Must have knowledge of HR policies to ensure proper and equitable enforcement of policies by supervisors.
- 10% Serves as project coordinator for payroll integration projects and system upgrades.
- Is responsible for acquisition setup in Time and Labor Management software. This entails all site/department structures, pay grade setup, and security for all supervisors and/group leads.
- 5% Serves as primary contact for payroll for annual and other audit activities
- 5% Oversees involuntary payroll deductions (child support, garnishments, etc.) when court orders are received, and ensures appropriate payments are made.
- 5% Supports Benefits on Retirement Plans as pertains to Payroll. -Reconciles year-end payroll registers to annual profit sharing payout. -Verifies match contribution and compensation memos are calculating correctly each payroll processing -Compiles spreadsheets for annual Benefit audit. Provides support as needed.