The Accounting Manager will ensure that all accounting procedures and activities are in accordance with GAAP. Preparation of all financial, tax and budget reports within established deadlines. Oversee the month and year end closing process. Responsible for the day to day banking activity and compliance. Supervise staff in the preparation and review of account reconciliations, journal entries, cash management and other relevant processes. Assist in the audit process, establishment and adherence to Internal Controls and the development and implementation of Policies and Procedures. Undertake individual financial tasks as assigned by the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full cycle (monthly and annual) accounting for the business unit.
- Supervise 3-5 direct reports including AP/AR and Staff Acct.
- Coordinate for accounting the data transferred from all sub ledgers or modules like accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, fixed assets, and payroll.
- Participates in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Participates in the planning and preparation of the annual budget.
- Prepares quarterly sales & use tax returns and payments.
- Oversee the General ledger transactions.
- Collect data and prepare weekly cash report.
- Prepares monthly dealer rebate reports.
- Prepares and enters Journal Entries.
- Processes customer credit card payments.
- Communicates with customers and resolves escalated issues.
- Prepare General Ledger Account reconciliations.
- Prepare Bank account reconciliations.
- Initiate bank wire transfers.
- Supports Controller, as appropriate, on all auditing procedures, processes and requirements.
- Integral part in the creation and adherence to internal controls.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the controller.