The Copy Supervisor will be responsible for developing, planning and executing brand strategy, content, copy and copy standards for all SWF brands, in addition to directing the process of content integration across all SWF media outlets (sampling, literature, websites, advertising, displays, etc.). The Copy Supervisor will also be responsible oversee execution of SWF’s SEO strategy through strategic and thoughtful content development. The Copy Supervisor will be responsible to mentor, manage and direct the copywriters in the Integrated Marketing department and also direct and facilitate communication with outside resources as needed to support our content development and copywriting needs.
Responsible for defining and directing SWF brand strategies as they relate to content, copy and standard requirements (30%).
- Works with Creative Manager to develop and communicate all content, copy and voice standards for SWF brands.
- Works with Creative Manger to develop and communicate all content and copy strategies for all SWF marketing and
- Media, including sampling, literature, websites, advertising, displays, etc.
- Collaborates with Creative Manager and Digital Manager on SEO strategy and directs copy team on the best way to execute in order to meet SWF’s objectives.
- Maintains documentation of all content and copy standards for SWF brands.
Responsible to mentor, manage and direct SWF’s team of copywriters (30%).
- Mentor, manage and direct SWF’s team of copywriters ensuring they understand SWF’s brand strategies related to content and copy as well as adhere to all SWF copy standards.
- Provide direction on project prioritization in order to best meet customer objectives and time lines.
- Work with copywriters on individual development and ensure they receive appropriate training related to any new processes or tools.
Manage daily assignment of Integrated Marketing Requests (IMRs) related to the copy team (20%).
- Monitor the incoming IMRs multiple times each day via our SharePoint workflow management tool.
- Assign IMRs to appropriate copywriters in a timely manner.
- Act as “project trafficker” for all copy projects, ensuring all copy requests move through the department on time.
- Act as the main contact and liaison for any projects that are outsourced to one of SWF’s partner agencies.
Responsible to develop and provide content/copywriting for individual projects (15%).
- On individual projects, coordinates overall strategy, writes or supervises the copywriting and proofs all elements of project to ensure consistent and correct usage of overall content.
- Critiques, proofs and helps develop the overall feel, with emphasis on content/copy, of projects within the department.
- Coordinates with the Creative Manager to ensure the priority and timeliness of all projects.
- Develops relevant business channel and consumer communications by understanding the needs of, and developing relationships with, internal SWF customers and outside business channel customers.
- Develops relevant business channel and consumer communications by understanding and participating in market research and segmentation.
Lead copywriting efforts for all SWF PR initiatives (5%).
- Provide guidance and act as lead copywriter for all SWF related PR initiatives.
- Responsible to communicate and collaborate with PR agencies, if retained.