MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join our Project Management Team. The role of the Project Coordinator is to proactively aid Project Managers in the organization of orders by following a prescribed set of rules; Follow standard methods & techniques.
- Assisting with the management certain aspects of contracted projects, achieving customer service standards, and ensuring quality standards are adhered to & Corporate monthly performance goals met
- Working collaboratively with all necessary internal/external parties to assist in the scope, review and development accurate estimates, recommend revisions to the final design
- Representing the interests of MechoSystems and the dealer, monitoring progress, risks and issues
- Assuring timely & fact-based feedback to customer questions and issues; documenting and communicating any deficiencies that would preclude us from meeting objectives, schedules, budget or warranted specifications
- Developing and maintaining schedules; specific to material requisition, shade fabrication and material delivery
- Planning sequence of work in accordance with Construction Schedule committed dates Preparing and maintaining documentation for cost/expenditure of the project, sell price of the project and any particular payment applications; submitting change order, pro forma invoicing, etc
- Liaison between Purchasing, Production Planning, Engineering, CAD, Accounting dept’s. for internal resource coordination; setting meetings and agenda, assigning functional responsibilities and tracking performance against agreed commitments
- Assuring accurate order entry, monitoring proper release of shop drawing submittal for timeliness and accuracy & shades against entered orders, tracking ship dates to ensure meeting commitments to customer
- Writing summary reports in a clear and concise manner