JOB PURPOSE: Assemble variety of basic blind styles within established standards for quality and timeliness.
Assemble blinds within established standards for quality and timeliness.
* May perform pre-assembly responsibilities: May cut fabric or headrail. May pick parts. May do final bagging and labeling. oMay weigh fabric or rail and input data into computer database.
* Select blind off cart, following set procedures and established priority guidelines.
* Perform initial hand assembly of blind to allow for hanging, inspection and adjustment.
* Hang blind and perform initial inspection
* parts fit together, adjust motor (if applicable), adjust clutch.
* Make necessary adjustments and re-inspect.
* Complete assembly process
* add end caps, adjust snap, set stop.
* Perform testing of blind
* quality tests, visual test, function/performance test (drops correctly, width, color, flaws in materials, function, etc.).
* Interact with quality specialists to ensure that quality guidelines are met.
* Prepare blind for packaging and shipment
* pull blind up into stacked position; may bag or may put on cart for submission to other group for packaging/labeling and shipment.
* Complete productivity paperwork related to blind assembly.
* May work with Engineering on testing of new products. Maintain clean and safe work environment.
* Follow established procedures to maintain work environment in a neat and orderly condition.
* Perform minor maintenance on equipment and tools. Interact with Toolroom and Maintenance Departments on equipment and tool repair and development of new equipment and tools.
* Follow safety policies and procedures. Attend regularly-scheduled safety meetings.
* Attend daily huddles and other meetings to ensure smooth flow of communication.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Minimum Education Required:High School diploma or equivalent Minimum Job-Related Experience Required:3 months manufacturing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Follow set safety procedures
* Team player
* Set priorities
* Be flexible in job assignments
* Hand/eye coordination
* Basic computer skills
Ability to meet job productivity expectations Ensures quality by:
* Using project plan and project schedule methodology
* Clearly defining and utilizing processes in daily work
* Understanding SFW team structure, roles and responsibilities
* Integrating process methodology into daily work; MPI, QAT, 6S, 6D, Q@S etc
* Looking for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders
* Identifying gaps using tools such as Baldridge criteria, WI Forward Award criteria, GPTW, IDP etc
* Establishing forums to share best practices
* Using department and company scorecard and other metrics
* Measuring own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level