To maximize our service performance while minimizing our inventory investment on select product groups and/or product lines. This will be achieved by a combination of detailed planning in association with high level or strategic planning. The Sr. Planner/Buyer will typically be responsible for performing all P&IC functions within the smaller product lines or categories.
- Ensure materials are available to support customer requirements while minimizing the freight costs.
- Monitor material shortages, identify and implement corrective actions
- Keep material availability dates updated and accurate
- Monitor capacity requirements both short and long term
- Work with Forecasting, Sales & Marketing to develop accurate forecasts
- Continuously look for service opportunities
- Overall product line responsibility for service levels
- Manage the backlog by facility to ensure our service objectives are achieved
- Work with Purchasing on reducing lead times, minimums and price break quantities.
- Provide forecasts to major suppliers.
- Follow-up on rejects to ensure they are expeditiously dispositioned
- Continuously look for inventory opportunities
- Monitor “aged” inventories to identify opportunities to reduce and prevent
- Overall product line responsibility for inventory levels
- Get all obsolete inventory dispositioned and ultimately consumed, sold or scrapped
Create work orders and purchase orders in accordance with our service and inventory objectives
Review all ECR’s/ECN’s and take appropriate action
Monitor and ensure all lead times are accurate.
Maintain integrity and accuracy of plan bills.
Work with Product Management to most efficiently and effectively introduce and exit programs
People, Process, Culture (10%)
Review procedures and practices to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
Help mentor and cross-train Planner/Buyers.
Provide a “Best Experience” to all contacts by consistently following our “Guiding Principles”.
Special projects as assigned.