Manage commodities for direct material in support of Springs Window Fashions operations, specifically metals, chemicals, packaging and fastener components. Reports into the Executive Director of Global Procurement, supporting an annual spend of more than $100M. Identify and engage with engineering, operations, marketing, sales and quality to understand commodity requirements and ensure supply base is aligned.
Responsible for development and execution of commodity strategy. Will conduct or support negotiations and supplier selection. Responsible for delivering commodity driven cost downs through price negotiations, value analysis (VA/VE) or supplier continuous improvement projects. Support Supplier Relationship Management and will facilitate and lead supplier commodity reviews for strategic suppliers. Responsible for continuity of supply including actively monitoring and mitigating supplier capacity and risk.
- Negotiate commercial agreements or spot purchases required to support business partners and manufacturing sites.
- Ensure that negotiated agreements are implemented, and terms and conditions are being met.
- Aggressively pursue and create competitive purchase environment by constantly seeking alternate supply scenarios.
- Define and develop appropriate cross-functional relationships with the Businesses, Supply Chain, and other functions.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with the appropriate management of key suppliers.
- Develop and implement commercial agreements and associated work processes within area of responsibility including the development of Low Cost Country opportunities.
- Resolve process or supplier related issues as escalated from the Businesses where the tactical teams need support.
- Maintain knowledge of suppliers and relevant market developments such as Mergers & Acquisitions, financial status, and changes in key personnel.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Responsible for development and execution of commodity strategies for assigned commodities.
- Accountability to provide analytical support in all commercial negotiations and supplier selections within assigned commodities.
- Support cross business synergy efforts for assigned commodities.
- Builds and supports a pipeline of cost savings projects for sustainable year over year productivity, or cost down.
- Responsible for weekly executive reporting on all financial cost down projects for assigned commodities. Critical Success Factors
- Establishes sourcing strategies for assigned spend, collaborates to insure incorporation and business unit participation and alignment.
- Participate and coordinate sourcing activities in design changes (ECN) and New Product Development (NPD)
- Work with Engineering and testing to prioritize sourcing activities
- Oversees all activities related to the management of assigned spend, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity/service
- Recruit, maintain and manage world-class suppliers with focus on total cost of ownership improvements while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Proactively and routinely drives spend analysis activities identifying strategic sourcing opportunities within assigned commodities and throughout the supply chain environment where applicable
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, terms/conditions, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future industry trends in pricing and availability that will impact the business
- Responsible for timely reporting on KPI's and presenting Strategic Sourcing plans and activities
- Strategic planning, cross-functional support, and ability to leverage various sourcing tools with various opportunities while minimizing supply risk.
- Effective technical and analytical skills
- Initiative to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
- Utilization of data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities.
- Challenge status quo through managed approach and sophistication.