Help make our products better by working with our suppliers! Springs Window Fashions is actively recruiting for a performance improvement minded Supplier Quality Engineer for a key role within the organization. This is a unique opportunity to come in to an established and successful organization and bring your experience developing a world-class Quality Management Program and supporting systems. We are seeking hands-on problem solver that can not only assess but execute through program deployment and develop a performance-minded culture both internally and with suppliers. This is a high visibility role with the potential to have significant impact within the organization.
Being a BEx (Best Experience) Company, we partner with our suppliers and share our knowledge with them to eliminate non-conformances. This role will champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities while partnering with our suppliers. Everybody wins! See below for details.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for investigating, analyzing and resolving supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects with the company’s suppliers. The position champions problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances to improve the quality and integrity of the company's window covering products, meeting customer expectations, and carrying out corrective actions from customer complaints to field issues. The position will be responsible for the development and administration of quality information systems and to provide required information to internal customers and leadership related to quality issues. The individual will have strong knowledge in quality processes, tools and concepts particularly lean and six sigma in order to drive quality improvements with Springs Window Fashions suppliers
• Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier quality performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
• Develop and maintain and update critical supplier audit systems and schedules
• Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
• Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and waste
• Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals
• Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
• Aide in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process
• Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects to increase supplier capability. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, New Product Development(NPD), and Quality Containment Measures
• Initial and ongoing assessment of the supplier’s management and management systems
• Determining and advising supplier on actions required to achieve “approved” status (alternatively, delisting suppliers)
• Develop a system for new component approvals, and facilitating and overseeing the First Article Inspection (FAI) process
• Participate in quality related contract negotiations with supplier
• Lead supplier Quality Reviews
• Facilitate/mange quality-impacting change requests from suppliers
• Monitor supplier performance (dppm, cpk, warranty, etc.) and drive both necessary improvement and cost recovery for same
• Provide leadership in identifying, articulating and resolving problems related to FAIs, line rejects and warranty. Ensure that we’re maximizing the benefit from our warranty returns process.
• Oversee and support the supplier Corrective Action debit memo process
• Identify, target and promote new tools and concepts with suppliers – dFMEA,, pFMEA, Control Plans, statistical methods, Lean and Six Sigma methods and other state-of-the-art techniques for concurrently improving quality and cost.
• Refine and improve Supplier Quality methods, processes and tools.
• Represent the supplier’s interest internally by participating in and approving/rejecting drawing reviews, design reviews, reliability assessments, factory testing, etc.
Critical Success Factors
• Improve the quality and integrity of the company's window covering products, meeting customer expectations, and carrying out corrective actions from customer complaints to field issues
• Effectively maintain quality systems functionally and prevent defects by effectively working on upstream processes
• Develop poka-yokes to improve lean manufacturing process for the company’s products
• Meet goals set by upper management through Quality Improvement Projects
• Train Incoming Auditors personnel. Support production and ensure system adherence
• Review and approve engineering and documentation changes
• Responsible for the development and administration of Quality Information Systems and provide required information to internal customers related to Quality Issues
• Detect, analyze and communicate vendor issues to Purchasing
• Test finished products at Quality Control Lab including Corrective and Preventive Holds for potential defective units. Analyze Product and Process Quality data. Control, monitor and utilize measurement devices to determine if product meets Design Engineering specifications
• Identify and implement streamlining systems, and international quality standards such as ISO 9001
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities